• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Armstrong gas furnace

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We have one. Only 4 yrs old. POS!!! It's a high efficiency gas furnace. I hate the thing. I've got a rental house that has a furnace built in 1964 that has never given me a seconds problem. This thing has been nothing but greif every 4-5 months. I have to go in with an air compressor and blow out the moisture lines and small rubber trap. Now, the thing is only 4 yrs old and the electronics board is shot on it. I've got microfurnaces throughout the house right now to keep it heated since the furnace isn't working. Hasn't worked since wednesday. I had the guys that installed it to come in and have a look. It'll turn on once every 10 tries right now. They have to replace the electronics board on it. They didn't have one so they ordered one Thursday. It came in today and it's the wrong board. Now, it'll take till wednesday to get a replacement.

A real pain in the A$$ right now. The basement's got 2 microfurnaces and an oil heater going. Upstairs, I've got one of those industrial microfurnaces that only plugs in to the same plug in as the dryer or stove. Got it in the kitchen but I have to keep unplugging it to reconnect the stove to cook.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They are a low end furnace. have you tried bypassing the sail switch to see if it is holding out the valve? Is the igniter coming on every time and the gas is not opening?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I replaced quite a few that the heat exchangers were ate up. They may have a better quality product now but their steel was light and corroded quick.