• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What to do...?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I got my Yamaha Rhino out yesterday just to make a couple of laps around the yard with it. It's been months since I've even last started it, so I thought it best to run it some. I haven't had time to get up to my other property this year to cut the trails in (last time I snagged a mile long cable), so I haven't hardly driven the Rhino any this year.

Here is my question; should I sell it or keep it? We seem to use our RTV around our house almost exclusively. It has a larger bed, toolbox in the bed, and is diesel powered (which also means no jacking with the choke). Since I bought it in 2004, I noticed last night that the Rhino has a whopping 127 miles on it. :eek: I have tons of mods and aftermarket goodies on it and it is like new, but all I can think of is that it's likely still worth about $8500 as it is and is it really worth it to have that much money tied up in something that I drive about 50 miles a year?!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I haven't had time
It sounds like that's the main issue. Will that be changing?

Since it's bought and paid for, unless you need either the floor space or $, why not keep it? When you do go to your other property, isn't it invaluable?

Your kids are coming of age where they can drive it.

I had several (7 I think) ATV's when I got the RTV. I got rid of all but 1 of the adult ones since although not used much, it still has it's place. That may be true for your Rhino as well so I would say keep it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an ATV that is hardly riden. I just needed to use it last week and found it had a dead battery. :eek: But I keep it so that we have two that can ride the trails together when company stops by.

But, I'd be happy to store your Rhino for you FREE of charge!!!! What a deal huh?

Seriously, send me the particulars if you decide to sell it. That would prompt me to sell my extra ATV and get your Rhino. :D

With your kids I'd think like BC that it won't sit idle to often once they can drive it.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
It sounds like that's the main issue. Will that be changing?

Since it's bought and paid for, unless you need either the floor space or $, why not keep it? When you do go to your other property, isn't it invaluable?

Or if you feel the RTV is better, sell it, add a little cash and get another RTV. I think Kubota has some incentive discounts and I think I saw something about the 0% financing program applying to RTV's.

When the kids do start driving they won't have to learn to mess with the choke and two different vehicles. Only thing, my wife has a hard time understanding the glow plugs and why you don't just start it.

What kind of toolbox do you have in the bed? I have the accessory tray that goes under the hood. It holds the tow strap and some odds and ends. could be a little larger though.

I'll make the same offer as Doc. I have plenty of room if you want to store it here. Just leave the keys and make sure the gas tank is full. :yankchain:

Jim