• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moving laundry to basement

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Got it, Dave. You're hiding some piece of critical info to try and play gotcha. What it is that I missed?

No, I'm trying to figure out what it is that I am missing....why is it that the septic field can't be deep? Below the level of the floor drains? You keep insisting that I have sh!t flowing up hill, but all I am saying is that once the pipes disappear through the wall/floor, I have no idea for certain where they go and what configuration they are plumbed in.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
No, I'm trying to figure out what it is that I am missing....why is it that the septic field can't be deep? Below the level of the floor drains? You keep insisting that I have sh!t flowing up hill, but all I am saying is that once the pipes disappear through the wall/floor, I have no idea for certain where they go and what configuration they are plumbed in.

My bad.:thumb:

Your poop flows into the septic tank through a pipe 36" above the basement floor. Your land is as flat as a bowling alley. There are no holes in your basement floor with pumps in them to pump water out.

So stuff goes into your septic tank. The liquid from that stuff leaves at about the same level. That level is just a few inches below grade. Do you see where your leech lines are during the early mowing season? Or in drought?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Your poop flows into the septic tank through a pipe 36" above the basement floor.

Or it goes through the wall and turns 90 deg down for another 5' where the floor drains meet and then it all goes into a septic tank.

So stuff goes into your septic tank. The liquid from that stuff leaves at about the same level. That level is just a few inches below grade. Do you see where your leech lines are during the early mowing season? Or in drought?

I have never seen evidence of where the leech lines are.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Or it goes through the wall and turns 90 deg down for another 5' where the floor drains meet and then it all goes into a septic tank.

I have never seen evidence of where the leech lines are.

What? Where is your septic tank lid? Your septic tank is 8' below grade?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What? Where is your septic tank lid? Your septic tank is 8' below grade?

God!:w00t2: What is it with you tonight :unsure:??? You the Septic Tank Cops too ???? :doh:

If a man wants to keep his where abouts of his" shit hole" a secret , that ok with me . :whistling:
I smell a class action suit or something going on here tonight , Why all the questions ???
:ermm:
Careful boys ...... He may be wired . Watch what you say ......:sad:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Dunno where the tank is. I've never had it pumped.

God!:w00t2: What is it with you tonight :unsure:??? You the Septic Tank Cops too ???? :doh:

If a man wants to keep his where abouts of his" shit hole" a secret , that ok with me . :whistling:
I smell a class action suit or something going on here tonight , Why all the questions ???
:ermm:
Careful boys ...... He may be wired . Watch what you say ......:sad:

Nah. I just re-read the thread. He said, "Private septic," not that he had septic tank. My bad.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I think he's "lawyering up" Al. :whistling:

Hell ! I'll Confess and throw myself on the mercy of the court ,,,,,, if he just stops asking questions . I don't know where the shit goes and I don't want to know ..........Just send it somewhere and let it be someone elses shit to deal with ... God ???? I sound like a Republican :yum::yum:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
100 year old farm houses don't have fancy-schmancy storm water handling systems.

You might be surprised , May not be fancy but problly a hell of a lot more sensable then the toothpick houses of today .

Being a 100 year old farm house WITH floor drains I would almost bet the floor drains are seperate from the sewer & more then likely go into some type of cistern or other type of drainage pit .

That is unless the floor drains were added at a much later date along with septic & indoor bathroom . :wink:

That being said I would suggest not using the floor drains , if you never had a problem before I wouldn,t push your luck now not knowing for positive where the floordrains go especially since you say you have no sump pump .

I would rent an electric jack hammer & put in a small sump pit & Pump & just drain the wash water into the sump as Bill stated the washer puts out a lot of water so I would keep it going into the plumbing system as it allways has . It Not that big of a project , nor very expensive & just need an additional 110 plug for the sump pump .

You would also have peace of mind should your basement flood that you have additional ways to remove the water , Thats how we did ours & have never had a problem . Just a thought :wink: