• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Austrailian Rules Football!

Cityboy

Banned
I just got off the telephone with Vin (Daedong), and we discussed, among as many things that can be discussed in about 40 minutes or so, Australian rules football. I was intrigued, so I looked it up on the internet and found this promo, and it is frigging COOL!~ :respect::punk:

Vin, when I finally get to Australia (was going to say "if", but decided it is now a "Must"!) I have to go to a match!

Ladies, ya'll are gonna like this video. Citygirl was watching it with me and said "Whoa! Those guys are muscular!" (You women have such one-track minds :whistling:)

There's lots more videos on youtube, but this one is a really cool promo.

Turn up your speakers and Enjoy!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hqosNvv5E"]YouTube - Aussie Rules Football Promo[/ame]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Now that's a real man's game. No wussie pads and helmets there.

It used to be shown on British TV quite often but I've never seen it in the US. I never did understand the rules but that seems to be a minor consideration as there doesn't seem to be many.

I used to play rugby and soccer growing up and well into my 20's but I don't think I have the cahones to lay my body on the line like that.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
That is a fun game to watch, there is no way I could even compete a little now days other than keeping the seat warm in the stands.

Years ago our ship pulled into Nassau and there was a British ship there, we spent a full day of drinking "Warm Beer" and playing Rugby and soccer, was pretty beat up and drunk by the end of the day, so the hurt didn't start till the next morning as the hangover was underway... Never did figure out what the rules for their "Football" was, I still think they were making them up as we went along...

Gatorboy

American football is a much more violent game -- wouldn't call NFL players wussies.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNFFNzEIwcc"]YouTube - football's Hardest Hits[/ame]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
American football is a much more violent game -- wouldn't call NFL players wussies.

I should have put a smilie at the end of that statement. I don't disagree but the point I was trying to make is, would it be as violent if the players weren't wearing body armor and crash helmets? I don't think so. The thing about rugby and Aussie Rules Football is that it requires a certain amout of mental and emotional discipline and physical restraint on the part of the players that is absent in American Football and I think that is partly due to the fact that once they are suited up they feel invincible in their armored cocoon.

daedong

Cityboy, I totally enjoyed talking to you, thanks.

Now this great game of football (I'm not bias) of ours is under pressure from the AFL administration trying to sanitize the game, you know what I mean, another form of PC stuff. I found this clip, this is the sort of stuff they are trying to rid the game of. Bastard, they just don't understand this is what most folk want to go and see, bloody spoil sports.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AbugTv3FzY&feature=related"]YouTube - The Best Fight In The AFL[/ame]

Last edited:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Vin,

The National Hockey League sanitized the game a long time ago too. Now they are starting to let some of the fights go on now again.

But that yellow team in your vid just seem to not be able to control themselves when it comes to fighting.:rolf2:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Cityboy, I totally enjoyed talking to you, thanks.

Now this great game of football (I'm not bias) of ours is under pressure from the AFL administration trying to sanitize the game, you know what I mean, another form of PC stuff. I found this clip, this is the sort of stuff they are trying to rid the game of. Bastard, they just don't understand this is what most folk want to go and see, bloody spoil sports.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I take back everything I said about discipline and restraint. :bangin: