• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'68 Tucker 442 finds a new home

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Very neat. That your drone?

I got the mental pics from the underside if you want them.

Not my drone. Family friend who has an aerial photography business. He does a great job. This was only slapped together quickly. He is going to. Edit and has more content. We are looking for music suggestions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlang2005

I think the hydraulic pump is 200% oversized if just needed for steering, I wonder if an automotive style would be better suited. I know there’s been some discussion of hydraulic overheat recently.

Awesome drone footage!

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
I think the hydraulic pump is 200% oversized if just needed for steering, I wonder if an automotive style would be better suited. I know there’s been some discussion of hydraulic overheat recently.

Awesome drone footage!

It may be bigger than it needs to be. We just replaced with the same pump that was on it. Of course it’s only steering now so there must be extra capacity. But it’s steering like a dream at the moment. Even with a bent tie rod.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Little welding grinding class for the kids today.

New improved tie rod for final fit and paint. Will be installed with only one end locked per Sno Drifter.

Question will be if we need to remove any material to clear the transfer case?

Hopefully no.

Attachments

• BBAC8816-2C86-4371-85BE-7D9C6204B722.jpg
    BBAC8816-2C86-4371-85BE-7D9C6204B722.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 621

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm pretty new to this site. But I read enough to know you been here a while as Tucker someday. Congratulations I know it was a while coming. I have just 1 question. Will your name be changed to Tucker nowadays ?

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm pretty new to this site. But I read enough to know you been here a while as Tucker someday. Congratulations I know it was a while coming. I have just 1 question. Will your name be changed to Tucker nowadays ?

Ha, Probably should switch it up, but it still feels like a dream. Plus, there’s always another one...someday.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Ha, Probably should switch it up, but it still feels like a dream. Plus, there’s always another one...someday.

I know what you mean about another I'm already looking to move up. From what I see of your machine it is already a couple jumps up from where I'm am so maybe I'm a Tucker someday also.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Got one last ride in today. Still some snow left in NH but going fast. Also got a new toy today. No tracks but at least it’s orange. IMG_8160.jpg

olympicorange

What I am trying to tell you is that when the cat is twisted up from end to end and the fifth wheels are in various different planes, tie rod ends do not have the full range of motion and can fracture at the fifth wheel. So I would leave one end not jam nutted. This is most common on the end of the cat with the fifth wheel with the tilt, which can be front or back depending on construction of the cat.

hope this helps shed some light on the procedure...for future reference... sorry about sideways pics...no matter how I do it … they hang a left at Albuquerque....

Attachments

• tucker track carrier align 2.jpg
    tucker track carrier align 2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 503
  • tucker track carrier align 1 .jpg
    tucker track carrier align 1 .jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 499

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This was a sight for sore eyes cruising by today!

That’s three Tucker’s right there.

Attachments

• 4CFA5237-AF30-49C3-96BC-CBAA5DB19673.jpg
    4CFA5237-AF30-49C3-96BC-CBAA5DB19673.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 430

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is where your cat spent much of its life.

Attachments

• FFF5ACBB-AEA0-424C-8978-3C3F22D06104.jpg
    FFF5ACBB-AEA0-424C-8978-3C3F22D06104.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 310
  • C8B1A2AE-BAF2-4832-A388-9545EA01A710.jpg
    C8B1A2AE-BAF2-4832-A388-9545EA01A710.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 309

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Take two ready for delivery and fitting.

I have a feeling we will need to remove some material near the transfer case.

Found your original shift knob also.

Attachments

• 6C54F631-A13E-4CDE-B2AA-1AF43A2DF4FA.jpg
    6C54F631-A13E-4CDE-B2AA-1AF43A2DF4FA.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 363

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Take two ready for delivery and fitting.

I have a feeling we will need to remove some material near the transfer case.

Found your original shift knob also.

Awesome thank you! Shift knob will be huge too because I can’t keep that Hurst one on. The threads are stripped. Any chance I could swing by tomorrow to pick that up? Thanks again for doing it!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Follow the wires down by the bell housing. I made a quick connect so you can eliminate the safety easily.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Time to drag her over Crawford notch in the am. Looking forward to the NH Vintage show tomorrow.
adeef704a1680279f1351f85cef29ad6.jpg

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
At Cranmore for the Hannes Schneider cup race today. Cranmore was the first ski area, in the east at least, to use mechanized grooming. Before this 68 was built but still relevant history.
370c4d5314918465f65348e07b49a63e.jpg

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Picture of the Thorne Mtn Tucker. Throne Mtn no longer exists but was in my home town of Jackson NH.
4141a5807947864bd5512bc237072dde.jpg

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wonder where that cat went? One of the rollers I have came from Jackson x country ski looks similar.