• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pigs flavored with "Templeton Rye Whiskey Mash"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mmmmm, whiskey flavored bacon!

And Whiskey infused pork chops!

Seems like a good idea, flavor the piglets from the inside out.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...in-Iowa-is-raising-pigs-to-taste-like-whiskey
TEMPLETON, Iowa, May 9 (UPI) -- Just when it seemed like there was no way to make eating bacon an even more excessive experience, some folks in Iowa came up with a way.

The Templeton Rye Pork Project was started at the Templeton Rye Distillery in the hope of raising pigs that will taste like whiskey.

The 25 purebred Duroc pigs in the project were born in January 2014 and they are subsisting on a diet that incorporates distillery grain into their food. "As a group who appreciates both flavor and quality, we thought it would interesting to bring to market a selection of heritage breed pigs fed a diet using spent Templeton Rye mash," according to the project's website.
Even at this stage of the project, the distillery is already fielding calls from people who want to purchase the pigs.

"We have a little motto here. My dad always told me, 'Nothing good happens after 12 p.m.' So, it seems like that's when this idea was probably thought of -- after we had a few drinks," distillery co-founder Keith Kerkhoff told WQAD. "I don't think we're going to have any problem getting rid of the 25 pigs."

The final call about where the pigs will end up will be made in June.

"This is something somebody is going to do, and we want to be at the cutting edge of it, and I think we are," Kerkhoff said.

Attachments

• pig-shake-ap.jpg
    pig-shake-ap.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 106

Umberto

Last night i saw a thing on net flicks where they are feeding chickens ghost peppers and the egg yolks are red. I'll pass. if I want hot, I'll use Piri Piri.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Templeton isn't in my back yard, but just about.:smile:

I may have to look into this here locally. They are supposed to be building the new distillery this year. Maybe they have started to..

My supply of this wiskey is not from the factory.. I know somebody who knows somebody...:wink: Probably a grain bin (no windows) with steam coming out of the top..

Regards, Kirk