• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Legislative Prayers

indago

Journalist Mark Sherman wrote for The Associated Press 4 November 2013:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Supreme Court, which asks for God's protection before every public session, will settle a dispute over prayer in the halls of government. ...The Obama administration is taking a middle ground... Solicitor General Donald Verrilli wrote in his brief... said the administration has an interest in protecting the tradition of opening each day of Congress with a prayer that stretches back to the nation's founding. ...At the Supreme Court, the justices stand at their seats while Marshal Pam Talkin asks God to "save the United States and this honorable court."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

And what has it got us: Citizen corporations; a bought and paid for Congress; free trade agreements that have aided in the regression of our economic system; banking deregulations that have wrought havoc to our economic system; etc.

No, we don't need any more "prayers" in the halls of the legislature, nor in the Supreme Court. They should be eliminated, along with the pledge of allegiance to the flag.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No it won't.

The anti religious freedom folks will continue to press case after case after case. Little by little corroding the freedoms of religious expression in every aspect of our nation. When they are done with public meeting places, they will attck public places, and then our very homes.

They will do so blatantly and in whatever recondite method they can devise. Remove God and mankind has noting to follow but the motivation of Faux heroes and money.

It has nothing to do with our founding principles or traditional understanding of our Christain Judeo roots.

indago

No it won't.

The anti religious freedom folks will continue to press case after case after case. Little by little corroding the freedoms of religious expression in every aspect of our nation. When they are done with public meeting places, they will attck public places, and then our very homes.

They will do so blatantly and in whatever recondite method they can devise. Remove God and mankind has noting to follow but the motivation of Faux heroes and money.

It has nothing to do with our founding principles or traditional understanding of our Christain Judeo roots.

Wow! You have the downfall of humanity all mapped out...

indago

And don't get me started on the atrocities committed in the name of some god somewhere...

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
And don't get me started on the atrocities committed in the name of some god somewhere...

History has proven time and time again that religion was seldom the motivation of war. But, it was often the excuse of corrupted leaders to get good men to kill their neighbor.

Kane

Follow the principles of the Greatest Generation as they deteriorate to that which guides the Generation of Millenials today. A tragedy. Amerika may never come back.

indago

History has proven time and time again that religion was seldom the motivation of war. But, it was often the excuse of corrupted leaders to get good men to kill their neighbor.

There was a documentary on the History Channel called The Sahara, and within the narration, it was stated, historically, that the Muslims would spread their religion by the sword. And further, it was noted that the Islamist invaders, while spreading Islam by the sword across the northern Sahara from East to West, their battle cry: convert or die

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
There was a documentary on the History Channel called The Sahara, and within the narration, it was stated, historically, that the Muslims would spread their religion by the sword. And further, it was noted that the Islamist invaders, while spreading Islam by the sword across the northern Sahara from East to West, their battle cry: convert or die

Proving what? The same can be said for Russia and communism. Or, to stretch the point, even the USA and democracy.

The English went to war "For God and Country"
Crusaders went to war for "Saving the Holy Land."

Actually the English colonized the world for emperial expansions of the empire.
The royalties of Europe invaded Asia for the resources and trading routes.

Mohammed seized city after city, not to convert, but to gain wealth and power. He, himself wasn't even religious.

Religion seldom starts war. Greed, and competition for resources and power, almost always does

BTW,There was a documentaryon the Historychannel telling thestory of the Bible. In which documentary hdo you place validity?

Last edited:

indago

The English went to war "For God and Country"
Crusaders went to war for "Saving the Holy Land."

The OP is about Legislative Prayer...

Laurence H. Tribe, a professor of constitutional law at Harvard Law School, said that while the Supreme Court's conservative bent favored the Town Board, Ms. Galloway and Ms. Stephens could win with a focus on "the dangers of government discrimination among religions and religious believers."

article

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The OP is about Legislative Prayer...

article
Then you should have left it there and not brought up an innacurate historical cliche'

Let us be clear, there is a difference between people of like minds appealling to a common belief when asking guidance as they deliberate about their fudicial duties. And those who would employ those beliefs to effect religious change upon others.

Leaders who presume such matters of faith ad government are the same, and who preside over lemmings who believe that, eventually bring ruin to any cause of peace. We have such a leader now who insists we take faith out of the government while proporting adherence to his own. In plain english, he is more than willing to object to any observable practice of Christain faith while promoting his own.

Posted by Victoria Jackson on November 4, 2013 at 11:43 am
1 “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”
2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”
3 “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my
own country.”
4 “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam.”
5 “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”
6 “Islam has always been part of America”
7 “We will encourage more Americans to study in Muslim communities”
8 “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity
of all human beings.”
9 “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and
progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”
10 “I made clear that America is not – and never will be – at war with Islam.”
11 “Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.”
12 “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”
13 “In ancient times and in our times, Muslim communities have been at the forefront of innovation and education.”
14 “Throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.”
15 “Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality”
16 “The Holy Koran tells us, ‘O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may
know one another.’”
17 “I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.”
18 “We’ve seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants – farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our
cities, the Muslim innovators who helped build some of our highest skyscrapers and who helped unlock the secrets of our universe.”
19 “That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn’t. And I
consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.”
20 “I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.”

There are Americans who believe in Islam, And there are Islamist who believe America is evil.
There are Americans who are Christains, and there are Christains who believe America is evil.
Of these groups, which is a danger to America?​

Our President seems to believe in his roots more than his responsibility for he practices Taqyya to achive his ends.

I would first trust those public servants who ask their diety for guidance in their deliberations than those who use religion to achieve their politial goals.

Obama, and his cohorts, are motivational leaders who could and I believe likely would, cause many to die for God and country. The question is for which God?​

Prayers before meetings of the Legislature do not, historicaly, incite such movements.​

Last edited:

indago

Then you should have left it there and not brought up an innacurate historical cliche'

And what "innacurate historical cliche'" would that be?

Obama, and his cohorts, are motivational leaders who could and I believe likely would, cause many to die for God and country. The question is for which God?

That is as good a reason as any to eliminate religion from politics.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
And what "innacurate historical cliche'" would that be?

That is as good a reason as any to eliminate religion from politics.

That Religion is the cause of most wars. Typical cliche' of the anti religious faculty lounge elites.

I agree, religion should be eliminated from politics. But not from the hearts of public servants. Most of whom are not public servants.

America is a land that protects the free expression of religion, not from religion.

Our nation was founded on the concept of the free and un-incumbered expression of religion. Hopefully, our public servants are as human and thereforeas fallible as any of our citizens.

If we do not like the faith pratices of public our public servants, don't elect them. Being elected to office should not create a Sohpie's choice for practicing members of any faith. Even if it is an anti Theistic one.

indago

FrancSevin: "Then you should have left it there and not brought up an innacurate historical cliche'"

indago: "And what "innacurate historical cliche'" would that be?"

FrancSevin: "That Religion is the cause of most wars."

Point out where I wrote this.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
FrancSevin: "Then you should have left it there and not brought up an innacurate historical cliche'"

indago: "And what "innacurate historical cliche'" would that be?"

FrancSevin: "That Religion is the cause of most wars."

Point out where I wrote this.

"And don't get me started on the atrocities committed in the name of some god somewhere... "

I paraphrased to include all such generalized cliche' statements ......my bad.:whistling:
Shall we argue semantics or the subject? Your choice.