• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Western Digital N900 Dual Band router, best N router?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What features do you actually need? Is this for home or a home office or an office? How many computers will be accessing the router simultaneously? I use a simple router that is sevaral years old and have zero issues at my home. At my cigar lounge I've had nothing but problems with full featured wireless routers and switched to a really bais model that allows customers to access wi fi easily.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It says 450+450mbps – why don’t they say 900mbps. Is 450mbps + 450mbps different then 900mbps?

In theory some super high end routers can move information at 600 mbps but the one you linked will not. Forget about 900mbps. Not going to happen.

The router you are looking at will move data at the 450mbps at both the 2.4 ghz band and 5.0 ghz band. Not all routers will do this on both bands so this is nice.

Do you have anything that will support the 5ghz band? If not than you are prolly wasting your money on features that you may not use. Your money however, so far be it from me to tell you how to spend it. Just a frugal old Yankee vetting his opinion. :biggrin:

n is nice. A must really right now, so I would go for that. I have one and it works great. I have 2 computers, my Android and TV on it and works great.