• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Noted Atheist Richard Dawkins Plans to Ambush & Arrest Pope Benedict

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Geez.......

Noted atheists Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens are planning to ambush and arrest Pope Benedict XVI during his state visit to Britain in September.

The Times Online reported:
Richard Dawkins, the atheist campaigner, is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”.
Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, the atheist author, have asked human rights lawyers to produce a case for charging Pope Benedict XVI over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.
The pair believe they can exploit the same legal principle used to arrest Augusto Pinochet, the late Chilean dictator, when he visited Britain in 1998.
…Benedict will be in Britain between September 16 and 19, visiting London, Glasgow and Coventry, where he will beatify Cardinal John Henry Newman, the 19th-century theologian.
Dawkins sent this special Easter greeting to Catholics last week– “Your Church is Rotten Edifice.”

Christopher Hitchens would be wise to stay away from Dawkins. There’s nothing pleasant about that man at all.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.co...-pope-benedict-during-state-visit-to-britain/

SShepherd

ROTFL........not a good idea

That athiest might find the answer to the question he didn't want to ask really fast..:doh:

The Vatican police don't mess around

loboloco

And, the Pope, as a head of state, has diplomatic immunity. Any attempt to arrest him could be considered an act of war.

mak2

I was pretty defensive of the Pope at first, but if he intentionally covered up for a known pedophile that would be aiding after the fact or something. Then putting him in a place like the deaf school or even allowing him to stay there if he did not actually place him there at best makes the Pope an accomplice. Hard for me to defend the Pope anymore, in fact the Atheist gang might be right this time.

Cityboy

Banned
The Vatican police don't mess around

So the Vatican police have worldwide jurisdiction?

Nope, don't think so. But the UK government might have something to say about it.

But why shouldn't the Pope be arrested and tried for concealing evidence of the crime of pedophilia by his underlings?

loboloco

CB, the Vatican police have bodyguards with the Pope at all times when he is out of his living area.They have diplomatic immunity and can and will shoot to kill if there is any threat to the Pope.
Many people think the Pope is only the head of a church, he is not. He is the Executive of a separate City State, and as such, shares all the diplomatic immunities accorded to any Head of State. Any attempt to arrest him could be repelled with deadly force against the idiots doing the arresting.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
But why shouldn't the Pope be arrested and tried for concealing evidence of the crime of pedophilia by his underlings?

How can a boy of 18 get a 14 year old girl pregnant and the school or planned parent hood pays for the girl to have an abortion without the consent of the parents? And this is legal.

Another thing is this is going on not just in the Priesthood but all over and for some reason the Atheist are only attacking the Priesthood?

I am not sticking up for the Pope or any of the Priests. I just wonder on how this whole world has gotten itself so screwed up.

Again just asking, I am not sticking up for any of them.

Cityboy

Banned
How can a boy of 18 get a 14 year old girl pregnant and the school or planned parent hood pays for the girl to have an abortion without the consent of the parents? And this is legal.

Another thing is this is going on not just in the Priesthood but all over and for some reason the Atheist are only attacking the Priesthood?

I am not sticking up for the Pope or any of the Priests. I just wonder on how this whole world has gotten itself so screwed up.

Again just asking, I am not sticking up for any of them.

Because this is a worldwide conspiracy to conceal evidence and hide crimes against humanity.

While your examples illustrate horrible social issues, it does not rise anywhere near the level of concealing evidence of known pedophilia by the Pope and senior Vatical officials.

Cityboy

Banned
CB, the Vatican police have bodyguards with the Pope at all times when he is out of his living area.They have diplomatic immunity and can and will shoot to kill if there is any threat to the Pope.
Many people think the Pope is only the head of a church, he is not. He is the Executive of a separate City State, and as such, shares all the diplomatic immunities accorded to any Head of State. Any attempt to arrest him could be repelled with deadly force against the idiots doing the arresting.

Why would someone wanting to arrest a criminal be an idiot?

Why should the Pope be exempt from international law? Other world leaders have been taken down for crimes against humanity. Why not the Pope?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Because this is a worldwide conspiracy to conceal evidence and hide crimes against humanity.

While your examples illustrate horrible social issues, it does not rise anywhere near the level of concealing evidence of known pedophilia by the Pope and senior Vatical officials.

Being the devils advocate here, what if them boys agreed to it just like the girl and now it is a money thing to see how much they can get in a law suit? Besides the school and planned parent hood tried covering it in the girls case just like the Pope did.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ever heard of statuory rape? No excuse.

What would you have called the girls case, 14 years old? It was covered up by the school and planned parent hood. Some of the boys were 14 years old the same as the girl. I see one just as bad as the other CB.

Cityboy

Banned
What would you have called the girls case, 14 years old? It was covered up by the school and planned parent hood. Some of the boys were 14 years old the same as the girl. I see one just as bad as the other CB.

Not the subject here. Strawman argument, sorry Murph.

The question is why should the Pope be immune to criminal charges?

I say arrest him and all involved and press the case to the absolute maximum the law will allow, with maximum prison sentences.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not the subject here. Strawman argument, sorry Murph.

The question is why should the Pope be immune to criminal charges?

I say arrest him and all involved and press the case to the absolute maximum the law will allow, with maximum prison sentences.

Alright I will stop then. As for the OP I see it as one Atheist trying to take the law in his own hands and someone is going to get hurt.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The whole thing has become a damned mess and should have been dealt with ages ago, but given the size of the church, it's continued to spin out of control for YEARS.
I don't think His Holiness should be targeted as solely responsible for the actions of the priests who've taken part in these sick acts against children.

and..this is what kills me, the church has excommunicated schismatic priests and have gone so far as to deny bad politicians from receiving communion.

What a cocked up mess is Mother Church at times.

Cityboy

Banned
Alright I will stop then. As for the OP I see it as one Atheist trying to take the law in his own hands and someone is going to get hurt.
It's most likely a publicity stunt to increase pressure on the Pope and keep it in the news. Nothing wrong with that. Crimes have been committed against children, and heads at all levels should roll.

mak2

It's most likely a publicity stunt to increase pressure on the Pope and keep it in the news. Nothing wrong with that. Crimes have been committed against children, and heads at all levels should roll.

Amen, as it were.

SShepherd

The problem is, this guy is acting alone without any jurisdiction or powers granted to him by a country to enforce law.
If the pope showed up, and Parliment were to say, "Ok pope..were putting you on trial" thats a different story

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
The pope also has security with him from the Vatican guard, and as you said already they don't mess around either.

Cityboy

Banned
The problem is, this guy is acting alone without any jurisdiction or powers granted to him by a country to enforce law.
If the pope showed up, and Parliment were to say, "Ok pope..were putting you on trial" thats a different story

Had you actually read the article, you might have seen this paragraph.

The lawyers believe they can ask the Crown Prosecution Service to initiate criminal proceedings against the Pope, launch their own civil action against him or refer his case to the International Criminal Court.

And if the Crown Prosecution were to do the right thing, they would apprehend the Pope and press charges. The Pope is an accomplice to pedophilia and should be tried as a criminal, and if convicted, put in prison like any common child molester.

And the Popes Vatican thug squad could do nothing about it if the Crown Prosecution initiated it.

SShepherd

Had you actually read the article, you might have seen this paragraph.

And if the Crown Prosecution were to do the right thing, they would apprehend the Pope and press charges. The Pope is an accomplice to pedophilia and should be tried as a criminal, and if convicted, put in prison like any common child molester.

And the Popes Vatican thug squad could do nothing about it if the Crown Prosecution initiated it.

and if you would have comprehended what I wrote, you would realize that this turd writer would have nothing to do with it

loboloco

Why would someone wanting to arrest a criminal be an idiot?

Why should the Pope be exempt from international law? Other world leaders have been taken down for crimes against humanity. Why not the Pope?
No currently reigning head of state has ever been arrested or tried in front of the World Court. It is against international law to arrest a head of state in a foreign country. Further it is an act of war 'causus belli'.

Cityboy

Banned
How bout panama and Pineapple face his name escapes my mind right now.

Manuel Noriega. The U.S. military went down there and personally removed him from power. No reason we can't relieve the Pope of his position using this precident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Noriega

Manuel Antonio Noriega Moreno[1] (born February 11, 1934)[2] is a former general and the military dictator of Panama from 1983 to 1989.[3]
The 1989 invasion of Panama by the United States removed him from power; he was captured, detained as a prisoner of war, and flown to the U.S. Noriega was tried on eight counts of drug trafficking, racketeering, and money laundering in April 1992. Noriega's US prison sentence ended in September 2007;[4] pending the outcome of extradition requests by both Panama and France, he remains in prison as of 2010.

Lobo, can you link us to the international law you are referring to?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Manuel Noriega. The U.S. military went down there and personally removed him from power. No reason we can't relieve the Pope of his position using this precident.
Is it just me, or does anyone else sense CB's kinship with this lunatic and his attempt to do something that will either get him shot or put in jail? Why do you have so much hate in your heart for someone you do not know, and a protocol you know nothing about other than hearsay from your kinsmen? Have you been an advocate for those mistreated in the past, or did you just take up this cause because it looks like something that would fun to throw in the face of those with religious beliefs that you appear to abhor?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."