• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Quiz: How well do you know Southern BBQ?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm right there with ya Bob. I only got 20%

I think the BBQ that is favored in my area is more like the Kansas City style, with a tomato based BBQ sauce over smoked meat.

Kane

th

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So this begs the question, do we have ANYONE here on the Forums who has a frickin clue about anything to do with Southern BBQ?

I know we have a few members scattered across the southern BBQ region from Texas to North Carolina. Are they too embarrassed to post their scores?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
So this begs the question, do we have ANYONE here on the Forums who has a frickin clue about anything to do with Southern BBQ?

I know we have a few members scattered across the southern BBQ region from Texas to North Carolina. Are they too embarrassed to post their scores?
I've eaten 'Q' various places around the South but never enough to have any expertise - except for Texas, which is more Western than Southern. I know more about cowboy 'Q' if y'all care to talk about that!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Jeff, BamsBBQ.
He knows his 'q.
Sadly, he hasn't been around here nor NCT for quite a while.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
20% & a grateful northerner, also.

And the resident chef ties the low score :hammer:

My wife made dry rub ribs tonight. Not sure what style they are. All I know is that they taste a lot better with sauce on top!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
And the resident chef ties the low score :hammer:

My wife made dry rub ribs tonight. Not sure what style they are. All I know is that they taste a lot better with sauce on top!

that resident Chef that is has training in French cuisine.:flowers:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I got 60%. I'm still kicking myself for missing another 2 answers.

Coming from East Texas this is not something that I'll admit to just anybody but I'm not a BBQ fanatic. I like certain things a LOT and other things, not so much. We probably smoke well over 300 pounds of meat a year, mostly pork butt and brisket. The pork butt we dry rub, put it in the refrigerator overnight and smoke it next day and mop it continuously while cooking. We basically do the same thing with brisket. I love smoked sausage and I'll put my smoked chicken up against anybody's. It's really good but it's a pity that my wife won't eat it. She hates fowl of any kind except maybe duck. I have to be honest here and say that my ribs, while good or at least OK, are not the greatest but I'm still working on those. You'd think that after 30 years I'd have ribs down pat because ribs are one of the things that I love to eat. I'll get it right one of these days.

Experimenting with different rubs and mops is a lot of fun.