• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McDonald's Big Mac Special Sauce

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Copycat Recipe

1 cup mayo
2 tbs dill pickle relish
2 tbs Thousand Island Dressing
1/2 tsp sugar

I've been making this for sometime now and really like it on my burgers without having to go and eat those awful McD burgers.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you know if you live where there is no mickey dees than their burgers taste pretty good when you get to town. so does their icecream

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Funny you say that. I used to very much enjoy them. Now, if I eat one I taste it for hours after. Just does not agree with me anymore. Part of getting old I guess.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The meat doesn't taste the same. Worse. Could be what you said.

I rarely eat at Mc Donalds... that said Idid yesterday,and as I remember the meat was without really any flavor. It's like they bleached the taste right out of the meat.

I noticed this last summer one time when I ate there. I remember whenthey used to wrap a paper band around a big mac that said "100% American beef"... Been along time since they used those.

Regards, Kirk

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Cook for yourself, eat at home for a month. Go out after that and it all hashed horrible. Can you say chemicals?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to make a mac type sauce for the kids when they were teenagers, homemade Big Macs.
I mixed ketchup,mayo, onion and chopped pickles.
Thought bought it.:yum:

Now if I want something similar, I'll use a brand name thousand island on my burgers.

I had a Big Mac not long ago, it tasted okay to me.
But I prefer BK for a junk burger.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes the flame broiled BK is better..

The ultimate fast one here is from Culver's. They make the best buger around here that is still what I would call fast food anyway..

Do you have Culver's near you PG?

Regards, Kirk

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, if you can get it, the In-n-out burgers are the best fast food known to man.

Leni

Oh, if you can get it, the In-n-out burgers are the best fast food known to man.

You'd better believe that. There is one on Ventura Blvd and the line extends out into traffic. That's a major big time street. Whenever a unit decided to go get In-n-Out the rest of the office was PO'd that they were not informed.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My next trip out west I'll have to be sure to try In-n-Out burgers. 5 guys are pretty good here.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just ck'ing for the nearest In-n-Out burger to me. LOL NONE. only out west.

Did find one called "The Habit Burger Grill" that they say is up and coming and better than In-n-Out burger. Of course ....it's only out west also. :bonk:

any of you west coast folks hear of or try The Habit Burger Grill?

Kane

Funny you say that. I used to very much enjoy them. Now, if I eat one I taste it for hours after. Just does not agree with me anymore. Part of getting old I guess.

God knows what they use in the name of real beef nowadays. It's all what you might call "man-made" meat. A far cry from the fifteen cent REAL cheeseburgers they sold in our days. Yuk.

Umberto

God knows what they use in the name of real beef nowadays. It's all what you might call "man-made" meat. A far cry from the fifteen cent REAL cheeseburgers they sold in our days. Yuk.

I know! The first time I went to a McDonald's in 1966 I ordered 10 cheeseburgers and ten fries. :big grin:

I prefer MaidRite's though.

Umberto

I'm smoke grilling salmon tonight and made my special sauce. I've enough fish for several meals. Pics later.

I don't measure but here goes: 1 cup mayo, yellow mustard (about 2 T.) dill weed (about 2 T.) and 2 T. of dill relish, then mix. It's a great tartar sauce and similar to the one the old Hot Fish shop in Winona used to make.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm smoke grilling salmon tonight and made my special sauce. I've enough fish for several meals. Pics later.

I don't measure but here goes: 1 cup mayo, yellow mustard (about 2 T.) dill weed (about 2 T.) and 2 T. of dill relish, then mix. It's a great tartar sauce and similar to the one the old Hot Fish shop in Winona used to make.

Are those "T" table or teaspoons? :biggrin:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Im hungry!! just dug out a big package of catfish chunks.....they will be ready to cook in the morning!!!!!!

Umberto

I like fried fish for breakfast and when "up north" would fry northern pike to go with the bacon and eggs. I miss it. :sad: