• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the 10am service. Now just relaxing with my feet up and two of the pups on my lap watching NASCAR. I feel a nap coming on. Lol.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids are napping, Ty and Ali went to the store, I'm enjoying a coffee and a break from picking up toys.

It's quiet.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just watched the men's freestyle skating.
The Russian guy was falling all over the place, as was the Canadian, American was flawless,yet our guy came in 3rd??? :hammer:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I accidentally dropped my dental floss picks in the the toilet so needed to make a round trip of over 1 3/4 walking to the drugstore and back on my bad leg. (I should have bought a cane while I was there.) Staggering because I hadn't slept off the effects of my day dose of anti-seizure pills.
I'm trying to pick one:

1) I'm much to young to feel this damn old.
2) If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself. (My dad's favorite.)
3) But I think I will pick this one, it's not the age it's the mileage.

knee1a.JPG

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I accidentally dropped my dental floss picks in the the toilet so needed to make a round trip of over 1 3/4 walking to the drugstore and back on my bad leg. (I should have bought a cane while I was there.) Staggering because I hadn't slept off the effects of my day dose of anti-seizure pills.
I'm trying to pick one:

1) I'm much to young to feel this damn old.
2) If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself. (My dad's favorite.)
3) But I think I will pick this one, it's not the age it's the mileage.

knee1a.JPG

Number 2 is what Gene Autry said during an interview about a year before he died.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate. I've lost track on how many canes I have now. I'm up to 12 I believe.

A few weeks ago I started a pain management program every monday afternoon for 12 weeks. So that's the plan for today. Hook up the scooter lift, load the scooter, cross the city. Park in a parkade. Unload. Squeeze onto an elevator with the scooter. Drive through a run down mall to get to the program. Sit there for 3 hours. Then reverse the process to get home.

Life was much simpler when I wasn't all crippled up.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Big hugs to you Brian.

This afternoon we're going to the Campbell's soup plant bulk store.
Never knew all the products that are part of them, so we're gonna stock up.

The sun is shining, the roads are clear!
Looks Iike the weather is going to be warming too.

One of Ty's partners called it quits today.
Shoe is getting too old for that type of work.
I'm sure he'll show up at the shops now and then..he's a sweet man and one who helped last year during the Texas trip after the hurricane.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Some of the booty..
60 bucks for all of it and we got a lot.

Attachments

• 20180212_145156.jpg
    20180212_145156.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180212_145443.jpg
    20180212_145443.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 62

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today we're taking the girls to a romp and read thing at the library.
On the way, I'll stop and take some snaps of the river/dam area.

There is a nest of eagles about 1/4 mile down the road...we've been watching mama fly over this way just beyond the pond then back again.

The other day there was an injured deer very near the house....looked like her left front leg was missing at the hoof.
She was just sitting there not the least bit frightened of me.
By the time the sheriff showed up, she had managed to disappear.

Watched more Olympics last night and will do the same tonight...Shaun White! :thumbup:

Alison got me hooked on "The Bachelor".
Arie,Arie,Arie...what the he'll are you doing?!?
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to physio this morning after sending the kids off to school. Took the wife's yukon to get a car wash to get the salt off. Noticed a grinding noise on the front end. Constant and not pulling to one side or the other. Typical gmc. 115km on it now. Wheel bearings usually go on gm's around then.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now..stoked over this! :thumbup: :clap::clap:

Attachments

• 20180213_221918.jpg
    20180213_221918.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20180213_222107.jpg
    20180213_222107.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 162

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much. No appointments for me. My lovely wife is working. Took the pup to the vet for a follow-up. The area where they repaired the hernia last week is swollen and pusing

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day around here.
Just put a meatloaf in the oven, will be watching the games again this evening.

It's foggy out there!

Happy Valentine's day!
Hope y'all got your sweeties something sweet.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been watching the news about the school shooting,took a foggy walk along the dam before dark came..just put a pot roast in the oven...all of which Will be eaten or saved for tomorrow.:yum:

Seriously tho..this shooting..:(

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished dinner and loading the dishwasher, now watching the men's super-g.

I think the men's figure skating is coming on after the local news.

Ty no sooner got home, sat down to eat then the work phone rings to dispatch to an accident..it never ends.

Anywho, pot roast al a yank.
Delish!

Attachments

• 20180215_181501.jpg
    20180215_181501.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 113
  • 20180215_201120.jpg
    20180215_201120.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 112

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Shhhh.. just got the babes down for bed after reading them Curious George Goes To The Hospital.

Ali went with Ty to Perrysburgh and I'm glancing at the women's ski something or other waiting for the men's short program skating.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't get to bed until 2am!
That's the time the kids got back from the tow trip.
Ali's mom brought Brady over for his every other weekend visit early this morning...he's from a relationship she was in prior. He's autistic and can be a handful.

So the two little Japanese skaters did fab last night :clap
This whole Russian thing has my head spinning.
Took a gander at that political forum and it's nothing but frustration reading some of the peeps commentary.
The one dude drives me bats, so I'll stay away.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Men's breakfast at church this morning. Heading back there around 3pm to set up and practice /play the 5pm service.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Went truck shopping . Pretty certain it’ll be a Toyota Tundra crewmax limited . The Titan has been great ( basically wear and service items ) . But at 11 years old ,rust is starting to take hold . Also the guaranteed indestructible dog bed that we bought a week ago is not as tough as the manufacturer thought ! Cooper Allen ,the 14 month old 95 pound Lab demands a tougher challenge !

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool. Let me know how that tundra is if you get it. I'll be replacing the f150 hopefully in the next year. I've been seriously considering the tundra as my next truck.

Watching Olympic skating. Flipped to that channel just in time to watch Canada get another gold. It's far from over but we're putting a good showing so far.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting here watching the local news and waiting for the olympic coverage to resume after.
Ty got home for dinner late, and then right back out again to go to a roll over.
We got just enough snow to make it slick.
Sorry for the pic quality.
He said the only damage is a broken off side mirror.
That's a Jeep Liberty.

Attachments

• received_10160152751105533.jpg
    received_10160152751105533.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 69

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The kids are in the kitchen making dinner, I'm attempting to keep the babes occupied with books and puzzles.

Yep, got the games on again.
It's been a long, busy day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the 10am service. Watched the Daytona 500. Good race. Built my wife a lap stand for her cross stitch for sitting in the recliner.

Someone better fire the weatherman. He forecasted 5-10 cms of snow today. So far we got 3 times that amount today and it's still coming down.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cleared the driveway. Now sitting watching highlights of the Olympics last night. I haven't been following the hockey but I may watch the final game in women's hockey where hopefully Canada will come home with our 5th consecutive gold medal. We're sitting in 3rd overall with 17 medals.
We tied for gold last night in the men's bobsled.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah that bobsledding was something!

So was Johnny Weir and that get up he wore :hammer:
Tonight is the final on ice dancing and the final night of The Bachelor (something just isn't right with that show) lol

Kids are napping, Ali and I are about to have lunch, Ty is at the shop replacing brakes and something else on one of the trucks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't remember which country was skating in the short program right after the Canadians but the female had a.......um.......wardrobe malfunction that had to be blurred on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.