• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cure for Cancer??

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeA84udy7hY"]YouTube - Cancer is finally cured in Canada but Big Pharma has no interest, watch it 'till the end![/ame]

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
So why is this a "Big Pharmaceutical Company" issue? The government controls the drug approval process,

It's only 100 million dollars. Obama is spending that much in under a day.

It sounds like the people that posted this story want other people's money, time, and experience for nothing. :rolleyes:

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
"Helpful information for you to make wise financial decisions in order to survive the upcoming Global Depression purposely brought on by the Global Elites."

The tag line from the Google index list for connecting dots 1

Doesn't seem to be all that reliable source of information

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Skeptical. but I hope it is true.

DITTO to that.

But since the profit motive is not there, I tend to think it will fail.

Clearly other nations and researchers with socialized medicine are not jumping on this as an 'investment in their future' then it shows that they rely on the profit motive of the capitalist companies to cure their ills. I can only believe this researcher is very frustrated. Hopefully he'll get some grant from his university to continue his research.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I also hope that it's true.

It's an old drug, no patents, no FDA approval required, no side effects, all it takes is for doctors to start prescribing it or adding it to the cocktail of drugs they use in chemotherapy or, since it has no side effects, use it as a preventative. What's the problem?

I don't see what the big pharmaceutical companies have to do with it and how does it take a $100M to bring a drug to market that is already on the market or get FDA approval when it's already approved.

The skeptic in me thinks that the guy is just trying to get more funding for the research he is carrying out.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
There may be limits about the "off-label" use of the drug or it may not be actually approved as a pharmaceutical. I too am skeptical though.

I hope it's true. Cancer is a horrible disease. It's sad that it may not be available because there won't be a profit.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Take a look at the underlying website, actually a utube site. It doesn't seem to be a credible source. (post 4)

I would like to believe that a miracle cure for a terrible disease showed up in a years old no longer patented drug, but I've seen a lot of miracle cures touted over my lifetime that just didn't work out. Remember the peach pit therapy miracle cancer cure of the 60's? At present there are over a dozen miracle cures listed on Google. I would bet that there will be a new crop replacing them next year, and I doubt that big pharm could stop any of them if they worked.