• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sv252 transfer case

pinodon

Anyone knows where I can find a diagram of the transfer case (in between trany and differential) on a sv252, late 70's. In addition to increasing ratio, it reverses the rotation direction of the driving shaft. If not a diagram, maybe the model and brand number? I have picture available if necessary thanks

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone knows where I can find a diagram of the transfer case (in between trany and differential) on a sv252, late 70's. In addition to increasing ratio, it reverses the rotation direction of the driving shaft. If not a diagram, maybe the model and brand number? I have picture available if necessary thanks

Is yours broke? if you want to just pull it out you can. but then you need to flip the center chunk in the Differential or you will have one forward and multiple reverse speeds. parts are still available but many have been pulled
or replaced with a divorced transfer case from a truck.

send me a PM if you need parts

pinodon

It's not broken. It maybe a 250 since there is no windows in the lower part of the cab in front. The original configuration was a perkins engine with manual transmission. He replaced the tranny with a gm 400 atx . A lot more work to adapt than an Allisson but quite a bit smaller and cheaper. Now he would like to look at the possibility of changing the transfer case from "a reducing mode" to a "accelerating mode", possibly by swapping the gears inside the transfer case. He thinks the first gear on the tranny would still have enough power to pull the machine, and give more speed at top gear. Do you have a diagram showing the inside of the transfer case, or something that would help figure if it is feasible. Can you tell what is the reducing ratio? I have a picture of the transfer case if that helps. thanks