• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LYNDONS SNOW MASTER (very nice)

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well BigAl and I went to visit the lengend himself Lyndon. For those of you who dont know Lyndon he is probrably the worlds expert on Snow Tracs. This guy Lives breaths and eats Snow Tracs! Anyway I learned alot from him and once again thanks Lyndon for all the info. Here are some pictures I took. The skinny guy in the white shirt is BigAl.

Attachments

• Lyndons snow master.jpg
    Lyndons snow master.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 533
  • license plate.jpg
    license plate.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 527
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 535

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• dash II.jpg
    dash II.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 509
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 521
  • exhaust II.jpg
    exhaust II.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 531

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Those last two above are his exhaust system as is the one below. BigAl has alot more pictures.

Attachments

• exhaust III.jpg
    exhaust III.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 520

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
This Trac Master originally belonged to the FBI and was used to look for D.B. Cooper. After that it was put in storage until Lyndon found it. What a treasure chest to discover!

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Mike, does that mean it is origional paint on there?
Sure looks shiney!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
No. When Lyndon found it it was peeling off. He completely repainted it. Lyndon should be abl;e to tell you alot more. I hope he has time to jump in here and tell this great story!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How about more photos? Did he do a dual battery conversion on this one?

And that looks like a mighty fancy transport vehicle too! Photos?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Bob,
BigAl has alot more pictures. Yes I do believe Lyndons does have a dual set up. My camera has a very small memory card and the one I bought for the trip was defective! AND that is the coolest snow Trac transport rig I have seen.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually the "FBI Rig", what I call this machine, does not have a proper 2 battery switch. It had 2 batteries, but one was for a winch which I removed. The Truck and Trac Master are both for sale and should show up on Ebay soon. I purchased this machine from the FBI with 107 original miles and matching (50) hours. It now has 217 original miles and 102 hours, which probably makes it the lowest mileage unit in exsistance, certainly in the "Top 5". Usually the speedo gets disconnected the first time anyone works on the engine or tranny and never get's hooked back up. There are a lot of low mileage units out there, usually Phone Company or Ex Powercompany. they are the ones to get! This machine actually was sold to Bonneyville Power Administration, a federal power regulation authority, they lent the machine to the Portland Oregon FBI office where it was allegedly used in and attempt to track down DB Cooper. In reality it was probably taken on a hunting trip. In any event it sat in the FBI's Lot until it reached it's surplus equipment date and was auctioned off by GSA.The mileage and hours are both correct, and it can really hold it's own in the snow. When the "Big Play-offs" come between Big Al and Mike C, between the Kristi and the Snow Master, my money will be on the snow master, I'm bettin that there will be somewhere that it out preforms the Kristi on some side hill. Next winter is closer than you think!Perhaps we can get a pool going! I'll donate an 8K winch to whoever wins the pool.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know, that could be an ongoing battle. Besides the victor will get to gloat. It's likely that in corn snow on fairly level surfaces the Kristi, or at least Big Al's later model will win because of the taller cleats. In a tug of war I would also bet on the Kristi, but when it comes to steep terraine, well all bets are off. I only say this because I've actually seen a Snow Master beat all the other makes of snow cats but Kristi. So far the Snow master has already beaten: Tucker Snow Cat, Bombardier, Thiokol, and a modified Army Weisel. We'l be counting down to the Snow "Play-Off's".

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
For those that missed "one" of Lyndons Snow Masters. Yah I know. I was hanging out with the grand poopbah himself........