• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB bombi

yj junker

looking for a bombardier bombi or something similar,to do a little trail maintenance and grooming,do not want to spend a fortune ,will take one with a bad engine because I would like to put a little b4t diesel in it,I am in atlantic Canada an can travel up to a day away,are there any other forums out there to look on for classified for these units,I found this one through a google search
Thank you
Courtney

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
looking for a bombardier bombi or something similar,to do a little trail maintenance and grooming,do not want to spend a fortune ,will take one with a bad engine because I would like to put a little b4t diesel in it,I am in atlantic Canada an can travel up to a day away,are there any other forums out there to look on for classified for these units,I found this one through a google search
Thank you
Courtney
finely some one thinking like me i think a 4b might be a little big for a bombi how about a kubota.

yj junker

love my 6bt in my truck,I think a a 4bt would work great might have to de-tune it a bit, a kubota would work great also but I think the cummins would be easier to find :)
thanks for the link groomerguy

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i will be the first to talk up the reliability of the cummins b series kubotas were used in a lot of bobcats isuzu also makes a great motor the one problem with a cummins in a snow cat not geared for the slow turning cummmins is the lack of high ratio ring and pinion sets moste snow cat motors will turn at 3k or higher and aer geared to low to make good time at the lower rpm's of the cummins about 3200 max with mods.also you haveto remember that if you have the stock 2600 rpm governer at 2500 it will start to pull fuel away so at 2700 you won't get full horse power.

nlbombi

Thank you
Courtney
well i have a really good one with snowblade

Alpine Man

I put a 20R out of an old toyota truck in mine. I also put the 5 speed in as well. It takes off in 5th like the old engine did in 1st. It fit very nicely as well.
Do you have any pictures of your snow blade as I want to put one on mine?

Don

aulen2002

I think you'll likely find mostly J5's and SW's here. I think i saw a bombi on kijiji in NB last winter (trail club)

nlbombi

well i will soon be posting pictures of my bombi including plough hookup as soon as i can figure out how

HERE IS A COUPLE OF THE PICS.

Attachments

• user3095_pic805_1276649978_thumb.jpg
    user3095_pic805_1276649978_thumb.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 370
  • user3095_pic809_1276650212_thumb.jpg
    user3095_pic809_1276650212_thumb.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 375
  • user3095_pic812_1276650212_thumb.jpg
    user3095_pic812_1276650212_thumb.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 373
  • user3095_pic811_1276650212_thumb.jpg
    user3095_pic811_1276650212_thumb.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 373
  • user3095_pic803_1276649978_thumb.jpg
    user3095_pic803_1276649978_thumb.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 367

northeastheavy

I will be putting a Bombi with 327 hrs up for sale in a few weeks. Located in upstate New York. A days drive ++?? Was utility owned. Fleet maintained. Is being painted inside and out right now. Has a brush guard, roof rack, 1500wt generator and a rear winch and is on summer tracks. Should be asking $8k+. If any interest, let me know.