• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Detroit newspapers drop home delivery to 3 days a week

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Can anybody in Detroit even read, or is the Detroit news a picture book?

D

darroll

My wife still gets the paper delivered.
She just reads the obituaries and also looks for students she had in her first grade class in the wedding section. . Is there any difference?
icon10.gif

That liberal rag.. keeps getting smaller and smaller.

jwstewar

We actually started subscribing to our local paper a few months ago - just weekend delivery. I walked in to Kmart to pick up some dog food and they they were there offering a special of $44 for 6 months of weekend delivery + a $5 gift card. I walked away and came back and someone else was signing up and they offered her $10 in cards so they said they would do the same - but the gave us $15 (3, $5 cars). So I figure for $30 I got six months of delivery. It has actually been nice getting the ads - especially Thanksgiving Day. There were a few we hadn't seen. Monica figures she has saved more in coupons than the paper costs us.

I know you are wondering why we got the paper Thanksgiving Day - they include Holidays in their weekend delivery.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
We subscribe to the local newspaper, cost a little over $200 per year. Yes it is high. When we go to Florida, we subscribe to the Orlando paper, cost is about $60 per year if I remember correctly, now this paper is big compared to our local paper.

The reason we subscribe is that the wife is not a PC person and I need something to read while eating.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
We get the Sunday paper, so that I have something to start the fireplace with.

That is the only use for print news that I can see.