• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

UPS Mail Innovations

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Any body have any experience shipping via this method. From what I understand of it UPS picks the package up from the shipper and then delivers it to the US Postal Service who takes it the rest of the way?

I ordered a item last Thursday, (tracing sucks) but the package just got delivered to the US Postal Office Today and I am told it could take 5 to 12 days now to get to me.

I don't think I will be using this service again.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I guess that is why the shipping was free!!! By the time my memory that I ordered gets here I will have forgotten that I have ordered it. :rolf2:

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I've never heard of such a thing. I never knew of the Postal Service getting involved in any UPS shipments. My daughter is some sort of an expediter/planner at the UPS hub in Louisville. I'll ask her about it.
Murph, are you sure you didn't mistake USPS for UPS? I've done that. Hutch

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
OK Hutch... slightly OT, but if you talk to your daughter ask her something for me... why in the hell does it seem EVERYTHING sent Next day goes through Louisville? I send something NDA from my office to CA... it goes to Louisville from Wichita....:bonk:

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I'll ask her but I think I know the answer. Louisville is the main (only?) hub-pretty much everything goes through there. The place is huge and getting bigger. I don't think you can send anything UPS that doesn't go through L'Ville. That place is almost an entirely night operation. All the planes come in from around the country at night, are unloaded, packages rerouted, planes reloaded, and off to their destination all in just a few hours. There are relatively few daytime jobs.
That's why I don't understand the "Mail Innovations" deal with the USPS. They're so efficient, I don't know why they would want to get burdened with the postal service.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll ask her but I think I know the answer. Louisville is the main (only?) hub-pretty much everything goes through there. The place is huge and getting bigger. I don't think you can send anything UPS that doesn't go through L'Ville. That place is almost an entirely night operation. All the planes come in from around the country at night, are unloaded, packages rerouted, planes reloaded, and off to their destination all in just a few hours. There are relatively few daytime jobs.
That's why I don't understand the "Mail Innovations" deal with the USPS. They're so efficient, I don't know why they would want to get burdened with the postal service.

Yeah... I know the answer, but it still seems stupid. It would be cool to see the place though.:shock:

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Once again, I've spoken about something I know nothing about. Got an answer from Holly. The majority of the air volume goes through L'Ville. Most UPS Ground packages go through regional ground hubs, although some ground does actually go by air. I knew that but it didn't register until she told me. Hutch