• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Good day for a swim

AndyM

Charter Member
We thought today was a good day to try out the new swimming pool...

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 222

Trakternut

I garuntee there ain't gonna be no baby-snatchin' goin' on with that mutt standing (or laying)guard. Nice enough dog, but that's HER young'un when Mom or Dad ain't close by.
Everybody should have a dog like that.:thumb:

urednecku

Site Supporter
We thought today was a good day to try out the new swimming pool...

Looks like you thought right. Having a blast!

I garuntee there ain't gonna be no baby-snatchin' goin' on with that mutt standing (or laying)guard. Nice enough dog, but that's HER young'un when Mom or Dad ain't close by.
Everybody should have a dog like that.:thumb:

By gummidy tnuts, I think your right fer once, too!

urednecku

Site Supporter
OK, maybe 2 times. Just don't push it.

BAck on topic, beautiful girl. She's gonna break some hearts, fer sure.

HulaMac

Those pictures made my day. That look on her face in the first picture is priceless. She is a doll!

American Woman

Site Supporter
That is so cute. It looks like the baby has a friend for a long time. What kind of dog is that, male or female, and how hold is the dog?

AndyM

Charter Member
That is so cute. It looks like the baby has a friend for a long time. What kind of dog is that, male or female, and how hold is the dog?

That is Allie, our 7 year old Chocolate Lab/Australian shepherd mix.
She was never around small babies, so we didn't know how she would react to the baby when she came home.

Here's a photo of Allie standing guard soon after our daughter came home, and another photo taken a few months ago.

Attachments

• 2007-10(October)30 004.jpg
    2007-10(October)30 004.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 92

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
GOOD DOGGIE

I love when dogs & babies interact. "Steve," our (former) male Akita, used to let Melen gab his fur so she could pull herself upright, the learned to walk by holding onto Steve's fur while walking along side him.

Its nice to see Allie being a good friend to your daughter!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Allie certainly looks like she means business as guard dog :)
Again, more sweet pics Andy. :)
My weenie Gretchen used to sit alongside wherever my grand daughter was napping when she was tiny, then pace nervously if she started crying.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is Allie, our 7 year old Chocolate Lab/Australian shepherd mix.

Here's a photo of Allie standing guard soon after our daughter came home, and another photo taken a few months ago.

I remember getting Allie in "hot water" running through the new landscaping chasing the ball I kept throwing. She is a sweet girl.