• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The little chickadees are in bed.
Ali is getting pizza in town.
Ty is home in the basement hamming it up on the radio.
We may watch a movie later.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The sun is shining and there is a nip in the air.
We've been shopping for groceries and running around getting things done all day.

We're grilling for dinner and I'll be going for my park/dam walk in a few.

Nice quiet Saturday now.
Finally.
:smile:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After the storms of late last night and this morning, everything is grey, damp and drizzly.

Our younger dog has chewed her stomach raw so I had to go get a collar from my S-I-L and put it on her before covering her gut in antibiotic cream. She looks so pathetic I don't know how long I can stand it.

Got news this morning that I had lost one of my oldest and dearest friends. He'd been ill for about a month, in and out of hospital. I'd gone up to Dallas to see him a couple of times. His wife and mine had been friends their whole lives. When I came to the States all those years ago, I knew how to flip a burger but Jack was my mentor in outdoor cooking, everything from grilling to smoking to deep frying to boiling seafood. I sure will miss him.

We've got family supper tonight at my S-I-L's so that might cheer me up a bit. My wife and grand daughter have been cooking all afternoon. There's going to be about 20 people there and they all bring food so I should find something good to eat.

Later.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
bartender, she dials me, so we spoke fer awhile; getting to pubs w/ my pal & trimming his tresses-- we may be shopping, as well-- we'll see~~

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Church yesterday to play the 5pm service. Going again this morning with the family. Kids are going bowling with the scouts today. Going to stop at home depot to get a couple things I need to finish building the guitar stand.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We'll I had planned to go to church this morning, but looks like that won't be happening.
Ali is already up talking of going to Big Boy breakfast buffet.
I'd rather be fed by the Lord this morning than a buffet line.
I guess we'll be grilling again this evening.
We were supposed to get snow this evening.
Not sure if that's still coming or not.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to church. Came home and headed to the garage to work on the guitar stand. I still have to cut and install dowels to stabilize and space out the guitars. It'll hold 4 guitars when done.
24bcbf5e83e633da7d86c6f757b095da.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a good day.
We grilled, Ty actually had today off with no calls for a wrecker (rare!).
Allison is getting the kids down for bed.
I'm watching Ty mess with his shortwave :yum:
He's getting frustrated with it and wants to get a new one.
Since he was small he was a tinkerer of all things mechanical and electric.

Attachments

• 20180408_213819-564x536.jpg
    20180408_213819-564x536.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 75

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm watching the monsters while Ali is at a Drs appt.
It's snowing lightly.
They're going to a children's activity this evening at the library.
I'll stay here and bathe in the peace and quiet.
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Semi busy day. Did some maintenance work on my scooter lift before our trip this weekend (the lovely missus and I are going to Duluth Minnesota with two of my band mates to a concert). Went to my monday afternoon pain management program. Had a meeting with our foster kids workers. The lovely missus took 5 of them to a swimming event for scouts.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio this morning. Went to visit my brother. He's being discharged but is on a waiting list to go to Toronto for heart surgery.

Got my guitar stand stained. Once it's dry I can bring it in and use it. My old one will go to the church and be used there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ali had 2 moles removed yesterday.
Easy procedure, right?
Right.
My God you'd think she had a major surgery.
Not to sound bitchy or anything, but it's sometimes like any excuse in the book for me to have to take over full care and entertainment for my granddaughters.
I get tired too.
Course I'm the stronger personality of the two of us and will endure.
When she has her meniscus repair within a month or two, guess what?
Yup.
Ty is gone a lot because he has to be.
Oh well. It is what it is.
We'll get through it together.
/rant

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing exciting for me.

Doctor's appointment, just a routine 6 month visit. Cholesterol apparently is composed of 3 different type? Good cholesterol (mine is good) Bad cholesterol (mine is great) and also Triglycerides? Mine are apparently too high, not alarmingly, but a bit. Was suggested I take Fish Oil/Omega 3 capsules.

Also told my blood sugar is 101. I thought 100 was normal. Figured 101 was within normal range, give or take, depending upon what I had eaten within a few hours of the blood test? Doctor was SLIGHTLY concerned about that 1 point. Not enough to recommend me change anything but said she wanted to look at it 1 year from now.

Blood pressure was good, which was the reason for the visit. My prior meds were making me cough. Meds were changed, coughing stopped, blood pressure under control, so all good.

Told to come back in 6 month.

Oh, and I adjusted the vertical plane on the headlamps of my Nissan Frontier. They seemed to be aimed too high. Hard to adjust in the daylight (even the interior of the garage is too bright) but I made an adjustment. Guess I'll find out tonight if I need to adjust it a bit more, or if I over did it, or if its good to go.

Dog sitting and hiding from the cleaning lady now.

Meeting my handyman at dinner time to give him some $ for some of the work he has been doing for me. His tasks should be done at the "flip" house. Pretty much the only thing to do is touch up painting, getting in a plumber to fix a couple things, and wait for the kitchen counter to be installed. As soon as that is installed I can tile the backsplash and it goes on the market.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ordered a new DA polisher/buffer from Harbor freight. Looking forward to some warm weather to do some work. Other then that nothing.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ordered a new DA polisher/buffer from Harbor freight. Looking forward to some warm weather to do some work. Other then that nothing.

Did you get the deluxe model, the one with the full semi-automatic and semi full-automatic options? :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Making enchiladas and feeling better.
It helps to talk to loved ones (gently) vs hiding your feelings.
It's a-okay.
:smile::blush:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to a job interview for hospice shifts through a home health agency.
Not exactly what I wanted at the moment as I was planning full time facility in first week of June at Brookview.
I used to work there years ago when it was Leisure Oaks.

Not sure if I'll like running here and there for an hour or two at a time, but it's important to me to get back at it.

Other than that..all.is.well.
:thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck with the interview.

Chronic pain fitness program at the gym this morning. We start off with 15 minutes of warm up and theraband stretching followed by 30 mins of cardio then finally 15 minutes of cool down stretches. Decent amount of exercise twice a week. It gets me out moving.

I completed my guitar stand by staining it yesterday. So today it came inside and took place of the old one. I'm happy with it.
e869bce941573cbc1dcb034962a89e3e.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Cleaned the garage, washed the truck and took a load to the dump. Finally a day where it was half way decent weatherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.