• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 2/16

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 2/16
DID YOU KNOW ...
Drunk driving causes approximately 32% of all traffic fatalities in the United States.

1. In the sport of Figure Skating, what number constitutes a "Perfect Score" ?
2. Cover, bearing off and beaver are all movements in what popular board game ?
3. What is the term for the change in frequency of a sound wavelength as the source of the sound changes from moving toward you to moving away from you ?
4. Really tough question Dept ;
What is the major physical characteristic of the animals who are "Endopterygotes" ?
5. Wild truffles are found throughout Europe, but the most expensive "Black Truffle" is found only in what country ?
6. In movie scripts, Lara Croft is the female equivalent of what character ?
7. What is the Capital of Morocco ?
8. How long did the marriage of Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley last ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Chlorosis is a more formal name for "bad breath".

1. 6.0
2. Backgammon
3. the Doppler effect
4. They undergo a complete physical change during their lifetimes (Caterpillars to butterflies, for example)
5. France
6. Indiana Jones
7. Rabat
8. just over three montths
CRAP !!
Chlorosis is a virus that infects plants.
Possible causes of this include poor drainage, damaged or compacted roots, high alkalinity and nutrient deficiencies in the soil.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Roll the drums. Got them all today although I had to think long and hard about the endopterygotes. It's been a long time since college zoology and biology. Ok, I admit I semi-guessed about #8. I knew it was only a few months and 3 seemed like a good number.

I think I deserve a drink for that. I may not make much sense when I log back on but you'll probably not notice the difference. :yum:

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
You deserve the Drink, AND the Mortarboard !

Smartass.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good job Frank. :thumb:
I'll simply say, I didn't ace it. :hide: