• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A great person

dzalphakilo

Banned
www.powdermag.com/features/news/taylor-avalanche

It's one thing when you hear about it on the news, another when it's someone you knew.

Got a phone call from a buddy who gave me the news last night.

Dana was a good friend who I shared some great adventures and experiences with when I lived in upstate New York.

Last time I saw her was by accident kayaking in Montana a couple years ago. On the Lochsa (river) a couple of years ago, beautiful day, water was big, end of the day and came up to pipeline, a nice big surfin wave. Came into the eddy and there was a girl in a boat waiting to get on the wave. She looked familiar and then I reconized her and called her name loud "Dana"! over the roaring river. She looked at me and at first didn't reconize me because of my beard. I could see a moment later she knew who I was and yelled "Joe"!. We spent the rest of the day catching up with each other and was able to get a couple of pictures of us together (for which I now will be ver grateful).

She was a nurse by trade, and loved adventure. She had bigger balls than most guys I knew. She loved life and always had a smile.

She is now in a place where some other friends are, and hope to be at the end of this short time we have here on this earth.

Had three buddies who were killed last year, but this one hits home a little deeper.

If you pray, please mention her. Thanks.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You got it Joe! Sorry to hear about Dana.

On some extreme sports show (or it was showing a up and comer that will be in the olympics). This guy dropped out of a helo at the top of a mountain and snow boarded down it. Sure looked like he could start an avalanche that way, but he didn't.