• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Umberto

Last night I grilled some steaks and sausages over mesquite coals and cherry wood for smoke. The potato salad was store bought and needed more mustard.

IMG_5614.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had flat fried potatoes topped with onions and stewed tomatoes for lunch.

For dinner I had leftover tuna cheese tetrazzini (followed by a slice of pizza, a chocolate chip cookie, and a can of Labatts Ice at the neighbour friends).

My gut will be recovering all night. :doh:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
last pseudo-dinner, there were noodles, & lettuce w/ peppercorn yogurt dressing (i'm in luv w/ yogurt dressings- so lo in kCals & fat that u won't get too full), nuts, & whole milk. deli turkey & cheese, too. i'll snack most daze-- too humid to make actual dinners, as of late. bartender gave me candy, as well.

i keep meaning to make either ravioli or pierogies, as well. we shall see later on.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i was given a hoagie via blake. that was his brekkie, due to my hoagie-neglect. we got an order of nachos & dear bartender-, she gave me a slice of a hoagie, too. capicolla (sp) & ham were prevelant. she luvs to give me food. Bless that woman, aw.
then beverages--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night was Red Lobster- crab stuffed flounder, mashed taties, salad and those mmmmmmmmm cheddar bay biscuits.

I'll go to Subway on the way to work today.

Umberto

Tonight I'm wilting Swiss chard with lots of sweet onions, bacon, and Spanish vinegar. I'll do enough bacon for BLT's, too.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
pub-grub. i hafta get ready. it's already 9:52pm. bye, fer a few, yinz guys~

Umberto

Today's lunch: Arby's Brown sugar bacon BLT and had two. One would have been enough but I always eat two.

IMG_5777.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Roasted chicken and red peppers stuffed with tomatoes and spices. A nice macaroni and spinach salad. For dessert a rhubarb crumble cake.

Umberto

I love General Tso's but have to ask them to increase the heat a bit.

Ms PG, Saturday night I'll be smoking wings, there will be ranch and blue cheese dressing for dipping.

Brian, I want that recipe for rhubarb krumkaka'. I have some experimenting to do.

Umberto

I'll google the recipe. I was thinking of making something like that to take to church next Sunday. after every service they have coffee, tea, and desserts.

It looks like tonight is BLT's and will also make a batch of smoked chicken wings.
I've been hungry for wings.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i got a generous slice of roast turky, & a (roast) veggie medly, w/ zucchini & squash, onion, peppers, & a few other items, & a salad via their salad bar w/ a champagne-balsamic vinaigrette. plenty of stuff on that salad- my usual cheeses, (gorgonzola & feta) grains, seeds, fruits, nuts, legumes, etcetera; that 1 ought last me a few.
a pabst as my beverage, & there're several kinds of fruit to pick over 4 dessert. i'll look fer 1 that hasta be dessert before they turn too old.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Foodstuffs I have consumed today.

Toast, yogurt, Ginger ale, iced tea <----- got me through breakfast and lunch.

White rice with a little butter, garlic and chopped green onion, mandarin oranges in light syrup <----dinner.... 'twas a winner.

I feel better than I have for two days.
yippy skippy!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
delmonico steak. they were sellin' @ a great $$. perogies. a veggie. milk. may have my pabst. too early to decide on one.

or, i have a loaded salad, yet, & could slice my steak over that.

Umberto

I grilled a chuck roast over Lazzeretti mesquite charcoal. The meat was marinaded with Pabst and white vinegar, then rubbed with Johnny's Seasoning Salt. The side was Bush's beans doctored with bacon, onions, and a bit of leftover vinegar solution from my beet pickle making of today.

FullSizeRender_9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

After almost two day of vegetarian food I'm eating Boars Head hotdogs and tomorrow night steak.

My wound is healing - had oral surgery Thursday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Zucchghetti last night - it's simply sauteed thinly sliced zucchini added to pasta sauce with meat. Mine had Italian sausage.

I've already got my work eats packed and ready.
Tuna salad, cottage cheese and tomatoes, and iced tea.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'm having real pasghetti today. I made my sauce yesterday with wine, parsley, and cheese sausage, and it came out great.

I just got some good french bread today so I'll make garlic toast and have some leftover cucumber salad. I always make way to much of that, good thing it lasts a long time. :biggrin:

Umberto

That sounds good Mr L and will do the same this weekend. I just cooked down a quart of sauce from home grown tomatoes; I add basil, garlic, parsley, red wine, carrots, onions, and mushroom; meatballs will be on the side.

Tonight is grilled burger and keilbasa.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Grilling some McKenzie's natural casing all beef hot dogs is on tap for tonight with Bush's beans and left over cole slaw and Utz chips. Of course New England style hot dog rolls (flat on both sides) for easy grilling. :big grin: Damn, I know how to eat. :biggrin:

Umberto

Grilling some McKenzie's natural casing all beef hot dogs is on tap for tonight with Bush's beans and left over cole slaw and Utz chips. Of course New England style hot dog rolls (flat on both sides) for easy grilling. :big grin: Damn, I know how to eat. :biggrin:

I've not heard of those buns and bet they'd be good as a lobster roll.

Tonight it's macaroni and gravy with meatballs on the side. The tomatoes are from my garden which I cooked down to a sauce.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

I consider myself a hot dog gourmet, and I'm always on the look out for a good dog.

I use to get Alexander Hourneg natural casing dogs, but Kroger by my house quit selling them. Then a friend of mine gave me a couple of the Schwan's natural casing hot dogs, and they were great, had a nice snap to 'em and had good seasoning as well. The only problem with them is they only sell them during the summer months and they run out of these fast.

Umberto

I consider myself a hot dog gourmet, and I'm always on the look out for a good dog.

I use to get Alexander Hourneg natural casing dogs, but Kroger by my house quit selling them. Then a friend of mine gave me a couple of the Schwan's natural casing hot dogs, and they were great, had a nice snap to 'em and had good seasoning as well. The only problem with them is they only sell them during the summer months and they run out of these fast.

Here you go...

http://www.alexanderhornung.com

I had some Boar's Head weiners the other day and wasn't too impressed. They were pretty bland.