• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new Dodge

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Picked up my new Dodge today. Its a 2008 Dodge 2500 crewcab short bed with 6.7 Diesel and 6 speed manual transmission. She has 3.77 gears and single rear wheels and runs like a scallded dog if you kick it in the guts. BUT for now she is going through a very nice break in period. So far my bst MPG was 25 but that was the comp display and I am suspecting about 19. I will fill her up Monday and do a mileage test and hand calculate the actual mileage and report it here.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 84

BoneheadNW

Does your truck sound a bit louder than the average diesel truck? This guy at work- his truck is pretty loud. I wonder if it has a stock exhaust.
Bone

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Inside its the quietest diesel I have "NOT" heard. Outside I have no idea. I do know that the new technology involved in the cleaner burning process is louder than a normally exhausted diesel of the same make. BUT since its louder the manufacturers (the three big ones) have added MUCH more sound insulation to over compensate for the louder engine. So on the inside its the quietest diesel. Dont know yet on the outside. I will give you a full report on the truck. Its my work truck so I will have it for 5 years before I purchase that eras latest and greatest. BUT I also have a 98.5 24 valve diesel 4x4 that I will pick up pretty cheap from my father in law. These to me are the classic Dodges. I will use this as one of my other transport rigs.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Oh Bone it does have the exhaust brake which I can tell when you let up off the gas starts to slow you down without you using the brakes but the exhaust tone does go up slightly in the cab. Maybe this is what you are hearing?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It can't be louder than my 7.3 Liter SD. You can hear my truck a mile away!

So Mike, what was the price on that baby?

How's the second row leg room? Will your kids be able to sit back there for long trips?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
It has the same leg room as my Dodge Power Wagon did. Kids and adults are fine. I wanted the Mega cab but a requierment came up in a new contract that changed my mind. I dont mind I will be saving 10K. I got it for 5K below MSRP. MSRP was 45K! I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else but I want my business to stay local if at all possible and its a good deal.

LarryRB

It probably has 3:73 rears as this is normal for Dodge. You'll like that truck and it will give you many years of good service,, One thing I did right away was to put on a tri-fold tonneau cover, and I saw the difference quickly.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Nice pretty new truck Mike. I drove a Dodge diesel on and in some snow last year and it handled very good. It was much better and nicer than I had anticipated. Now, if it would only attract snow like a Ford, you will have it made. Here is a pic from this morning of what we got yesterday.:poke:
PA200026 (Medium).JPG

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice truck! I've been looking at basically the same truck but used. Up here, they list for around $60,000 new and that's a bit pricy for me.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Yah nI was just reading something about how the Canadians come down to the lower 48 for smoken deals on Cars.

OK going home which is slightly up hill I averaged about 15.9 MPG going 70mph at 2,100 rpms. I will most likely throw on a Gear Vendor Gear splitter. I cant believe how much RAW torque this engine has!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats on your new truck!!!

One thing I did right away was to put on a tri-fold tonneau cover, and I saw the difference quickly.
If you're considering a tonneau cover, I would very highly recommend the Access brand tonneau cover.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
How's the ride on that truck? I'm looking at basically the same kind of truck but with the gas engine. I haven't had the chance to try one out yet. The last dodge I drove was my '95 reg cab 2wd v6. It was a tough truck but rode like a lumber wagon and was gutless as all hell.

LarryRB

I won't have those roll up tonneau's. In the winter their just a plain pain in the ass,, After a few of those, I went with a trifecta three fold that has a thin aluminum frame throughout,. Light, yet stiff and no winter problems with it., Two quick disconnects and the folded tonneau is off if you need the whole bed open.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That sounds like the best type of cover to me Larry (the 3 panel alum). But since I don't do a lot of open road driving with the truck I prefer to keep my bed open all the time.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
To keep this thread on the subject of his Dodge, I started a new thread to discuss tonneau covers. Click here

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
How's the ride on that truck? I'm looking at basically the same kind of truck but with the gas engine. I haven't had the chance to try one out yet. The last dodge I drove was my '95 reg cab 2wd v6. It was a tough truck but rode like a lumber wagon and was gutless as all hell.

The 3/4 ton ride is ecellent! You wont be dissapointed. Also drive the Ford 3/4 gas. The ride in the Fords is even better.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
That's the plan! (until the wife finds out my plans that is) :batterUp:
You just tell her " I am not sure I am really happy in life". Shortly there after as she is still wondering what the hell you were saying, you tell her what would really make life more meaningful and happy for both of you would be that new snow cat that you showed her the picture of last week.

After the divorce is final you still will not be able to afford the snow cat but you will have a valid reason now.....:yum: