• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Google to Launch Internet Browser

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Great. :pat: I'm sure it wll have all kinds of spyware built in worse than their 'toolbar'.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, that's what I thought when I first heard about it. I won't have the toolbar for that reason. I can imagine what they'll hide in the browser.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The worst thing is that they hide that friggin toolbar everywhere! If you ever download a driver or update off the net, never choose 'easy', 'express', or 'standard' install. Those frequently install that toolbar by default. Always choose 'custom' or 'expert' so that you can deselect the google toolbar as part of the installation package.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The worst thing is that they hide that friggin toolbar everywhere! If you ever download a driver or update off the net, never choose 'easy', 'express', or 'standard' install. Those frequently install that toolbar by default. Always choose 'custom' or 'expert' so that you can deselect the google toolbar as part of the installation package.

Sometimes you don't get to choose? I don't know how many times after I download a driver or software I have to go in and un-install it.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Great. :pat: I'm sure it wll have all kinds of spyware built in worse than their 'toolbar'.

I love killing the toolbar on my company computers. Users come back, hey what the heck.............I smile and tell them, unapproved software, take it to Mr....................they walk away grumbling, but their pc works better

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Probably true, but I just ran into some interesting stuff about the End User License Agreement for Google Chrome. They want to claim ownership or rights to anything and everything you post via their Chrome browser.

While I like the name Chrome, I won't be downloading it anytime in the future unless the EULA is changed dramatically.

Google Chrome EULA said:
11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
wow. that's.... ambitious, sneaky, and takes an incredible amount of chutzpa -- I wonder how many "anti MS" bloggers have missed that so far...

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Probably true, but I just ran into some interesting stuff about the End User License Agreement for Google Chrome. They want to claim ownership or rights to anything and everything you post via their Chrome browser.

While I like the name Chrome, I won't be downloading it anytime in the future unless the EULA is changed dramatically.

Already changed....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More info on Chrome (unsubstantiated but still worth sharing):
The german 'departement for IT security' has warned the chrome shouldn't be used for everyday browsing - at least in it's current state.
There are so far 6 critical security holes and the browser communictes nonstop with google sending even keystrokes back there according to them.

That doesn't necessarily mean that google wants to know all your keystrokes but right now they do.

garygaboury

FYI: IE8 Beta two was released along side chrome without much excitment. If you're running Vista I would download it from microsoft.com. Things run a bit smoother and much faster with ie8.

I haven;t seen any Beta issues yet..
Gary