• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

confused

snow dog

Gentlemen,
I am confused. I thought when someone posts a thread, they are putting it out there and asking for comments, additionally, their name, avartar, reputation and most anything else was out there and up for comment. If all comments must be on point with the original post, then you all have a lot of work, and I'll change how I post. in this case I was just commenting that I find Rusty, sister and dog interesting and want to know more. It will either come later or it wont.

How is it ?

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Im with you girl, Ive not been around here long but if the threads have to stay on "point" UH........what was the point?....oh well it sure is a lot of fun the way it is!!!!
Count on one thing....Rusty cant hold it(anything in) for very long...
Later Jerry Just dont piss off PG WOW Later Jerry

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok.. Snow Dog and ki0ho.. I'm as guilty as anyone for commenting in a thread, and was off topic. :yum::yum::yum: If I offended anyone. I'm sorry. Both of you are absolutely right. The whole idea here is to post. Continue on..

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, the whole idea is to exchange ideas, different perspectives or whatever.

But some times a thread gets taken off track. It could be by a few who turn it into a version of instant messaging. Or it could be by a couple of members who want to bicker between themselves without regard to the original topic. Or some times a thread takes a life of its own on a totally different tangent because more folks were interested in that tangent than the original topic.

These things can be a little frustrating for those who are interested in the original thread topic when that subject is lost by a thread taken off track.

That said, where's the problem? Yes, threads get diverted, but usually someone will make a polite comment to return it to its original focus, if need be. No harm done, and no offense intended.

And for the record, I'm guilty as anyone for taking threads off topic.

Am I missing something?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
And for the record, I'm guilty as anyone for taking threads off topic.
Nope - I hold that title buster.

Attachments

• dummies-thread-hijacking.png
    dummies-thread-hijacking.png
    30 KB · Views: 110

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Im with you girl, Ive not been around here long but if the threads have to stay on "point" UH........what was the point?....oh well it sure is a lot of fun the way it is!!!!
Count on one thing....Rusty cant hold it(anything in) for very long...
Later Jerry Just dont piss off PG WOW Later Jerry

Hi Jerry,
When I first came to FF, I asked Doc if we had to stay on topic and he said not necessarily, as this is more or less an anything goes forum. Off topic posts and comments can be funny and entertaining.
We all do it from time to time, in every part of the forum except for seriously speaking.

As for pissing me off.. hmm.. can't help it I guess.
If someone acts a fool, I let them know. If we get spammers-ditto.
In all the time I've been here there have only been a couple of members who've truly ticked me off and they went bye-bye.

The whole idea of being here is to share and have fun, right?
So just do it... and keep the place going in a manner so other people looking in will want to join and be a part of us.

P.S.-- I happen to be a very nice lady :smile:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I will refrain from ticking you off...... I do not want to go Bye Bye......
Oh stop it! :hammer:
You know who I am talking about.
Doesn't matter now anyway.
The likes of certain individuals haven't graced the forum in quite some time.
Those are the types that bug the shit outta me, then I have to do what I do.:boxing: :yum:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh stop it! :hammer:
You know who I am talking about.
Doesn't matter now anyway.
The likes of certain individuals haven't graced the forum in quite some time.
Those are the types that bug the shit outta me, then I have to do what I do.:boxing: :yum:
Oh come on Alot of people wish Bob would come back.... let him be he is a great guy..:flowers:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
wait I just noticed you have like 22,000 more posts than I do............... Is this considered acceptable thread drift????

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I noticed one day a snow drift in my yard.
Did anyone ever have a yard drift?:yum:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
snow dog, what you're witnessing here is a pack of feral thread hijackers in their natural habitat. Don't get too close .... They may bite you.:w00t2:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Gentlemen,
I am confused. I thought when someone posts a thread, they are putting it out there and asking for comments, additionally, their name, avartar, reputation and most anything else was out there and up for comment. If all comments must be on point with the original post, then you all have a lot of work, and I'll change how I post. in this case I was just commenting that I find Rusty, sister and dog interesting and want to know more. It will either come later or it wont.

How is it ?

I just logged in. Have I missed something? Now I have to go check the rest of the board to see what is happening.

As for my comment, sometimes a thread progresses and develops beyond the original post. If the OP objects and says so, the people involved can start a new thread and carry on whatever they want to discuss. I don't see it being a problem.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My mind often drifts.. especially when it comes to threads like this.
Must not think, do not think..

Drifting out of thread ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I just logged in. Have I missed something? Now I have to go check the rest of the board to see what is happening.
:yum:.. I did the same thing Frank.
Always hit the subscribed threads first, then check the newer ones.
I have yet to find "Rusty, sister and dog" stuff, but just went with it from there.
:dizzy:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Did anyone happen to catch that lovely full moon a few days back?

Yep , I did , I actually got to enjoy working in the brightness of it for 3 nights in a row while trying to get the rest of my firewood cut & split . :biggrin:

BTW I,m allways confused , just to stay on topic :w00t2: