• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Y'all are gonna love this

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
(copyed from site):yum:Today saw the 'completion' of the A-frame roof supports, and the addition of 'walls'.
lTVGXDvh.jpg

But please use 'other' door.
hutnCpPh.jpg

The door itself hangs crooked in the (also crooked) door frame. Opening it wasn't so bad, but closing it takes some significant effort. Luckily you can just kind of bend things as needed.
6lYq0Mdh.jpg

Structural.
isj7VYah.jpg

Flooring. It's like a wall for your feet.
yee5766h.jpg

I don't know what this is doing here, but it's important enough to work the flooring around it. There's only one of these though - it must be unique and important.
lhLA9ojh.jpg

Gaps like yo mamma's front teeth
ehbKEboh.jpg

Quality finishing.
o7DIVRPh.jpg

2 nails, 5 screws. This is fastening a 2ft piece of wood into the 'shelving unit'. Secure.as.Fuck.
3tmBfDLh.jpg

Side view;
6lIsE9nh.jpg

damn 10 pic limit... more on the way

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Rusty . . . did you ever get your shed built? Now you know how its done!

The sad thing is I bet that shed will last longer than many people expect.

Great find! :thumb:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Y'all need to check out the thread "Muley and Franc build a shed".

There can't be two like that. :yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Rusty . . . did you ever get your shed built? Now you know how its done!

The sad thing is I bet that shed will last longer than many people expect.

Great find! :thumb:
I can do a hell of a lot better than that by simply using skids LOL

Y'all need to check out the thread "Muley and Franc build a shed".

There can't be two like that. :yum:
Crap, did I repost? I goped I'd never become one of those people :yum::yum::yum::yum::whistling::whistling::whistling:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I feel so much better now about my personal carpentry skills. :yum:

This all reminds me of years ago I had an uncle who built a lean-to off his garage and laid the 2x4 flat like this guy. My Dad laughed so hard I thought he was going to split a gut.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I would love to know what was going through that inspector's mind as he was running through his checklist.

Out in the country in Texas you don't generally need approvals or permits to build on your own land but I thought that the procedure was to submit plans to the Planning Board and have them approved before construction could commence and then have it inspected at intervals until the final approval on completion.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's a non-attached out building. No need for permits. Langley is a pseudo rural community.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
There are a couple of great videos at that site that show the construction in progress including some extensive time in getting the door to fit.