• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

solar cars

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally, I think I'd rather take one of your road trains for a ride. Those are impressive...

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The problem with posting links to news clips is that in 3 months they are gone and no one knows what you are talking about. Lets keep the forum about talking real world things, not just to show people that you read the news.

thanks.... Junk.

daedong

Junkman, I have to agree with you it would be better not to post links:)

“Lets keep the forum about talking real world things,”

What is this then?:confused:

[SYDNEY (Reuters)

An illegal posting of copyright material in violation of International Law. Please see the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sneaky Pete

Charter Member
Vin, I have always thought the solar car race was a Good Thing. I hope someone can find a way to produce solar cells cheaply enough to be more widely practical.

You Aussies have another good race every year, between old Indian and old harley motorcycles - even though they are hideously inefficient and contribute C02 towards global warming.:D

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
daedong said:
Junkman, I have to agree with you it would be better not to post links:)

Times New Roman]SYDNEY (Reuters) -

I guess that I will have to spell it out for you. Some people are slow learners! :mad:

1) A link to a news article isn't much good after the article is gone.

2) It is a violation of law to copy and post a copyright article to a website without permission of the copyright owner. Lets try to keep within the laws so the site doesn't have problems.

I am now going to remove the text that you have posted and you have made history on the forums by being the first to be censured.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Damn. I wanted to be first. :mad:

Me too...

Thank goodness for PM and e-mail as I would have gotten booted off the site for some of the things I wanted to post. But luckily, I bounced it off admin before I posted who said NO FREAKING WAY (but they enjoyed the pics anyway)

daedong

Junkman said:
I guess that I will have to spell it out for you. Some people are slow learners! :mad:

1) A link to a news article isn't much good after the article is gone.

2) It is a violation of law to copy and post a copyright article to a website without permission of the copyright owner. Lets try to keep within the laws so the site doesn't have problems.

I am now going to remove the text that you have posted and you have made history on the forums by being the first to be censured.

Plaese forigve me for my leanring dififcluties I can be rahter sluggsih but I was bron that way.

It wolud be most unfroutnate that in 3 motnhs mebmers of this fourm had no idea what this thraed was abuot. So I have wriettn veiwponit of my own regrading the Wolrd Soalr challnege

Twteny-two bugshpaed slaor cars degnsied and bulit by corproaiotns and unvieirsties form arnoud the wolrd set out arocss the vsat, inhsopiatble Autiraslan oubtack Sudnay in the eitghh Wlord Soalr Chalnlege.

Jaapn's Sky Ace Tgia car, form the Asihya Uneivrsity in Oskaa, led off
qulaifying fatsest for the 3,100 km (1, 680 mlies) rcae acorss the cetner of Autsralia form the troipcal notrh city of Dawrin to Adealide in Sotuh Ausatrlia.[

Asihya Univiersty's Profsesor Kuino Nakaagwa siad his taem's car, one of the race faviortes, was capbale of spedes avaerging 96 kph (49 mph).

"The fisrt tagret is hoipng to finsih this race wtih sefaty and the scenod tagret is to get a top trhee poisiton," Nakgaawa told Asutrialan Braodcsating Corp. raido.

Ducth team Nnua 3 retruns afetr wininng the psat two raecs in 2002 and 2005 and is joiend by enatrnts from 10 ohter cournties, inclduing the Untied Staets, Frnace and Caanda.

Nnua 3 set the race reocrd tmie of 30 huors 54 miuntes in 2005.

Race leaedrs were expceted to recah Adeliade by miedwek.

The rcae was deviesd as a chanllege to deigsn and bulid salor-poewred cars usnig the msot innvotaive appilctaion of altenrtiave enegry and trasnport techonlogeis.

Last edited by a moderator:

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
If I say shit will my post be bounced next?

The problem with posting links to news clips is that in 3 months they are gone and no one knows what you are talking about. Lets keep the forum about talking real world things, not just to show people that you read the news.

Damn Junk most of us including myself don't know what we are doing from day to day how the heck do we know what we'll be doing in 3 months?