• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Covid 19

rockhead

Why don't you get back on your fucking Sno-Cat and blow some packed powder up your ass you fucking stiff pin. Maybe your idea of a glorious leader was the Kenyan or his beatch Killery. Jerk.

:th_lmao::th_lmao::th_lmao::th_lmao:
Feel free to update these numbers . . .

Attachments

• twat.jpg
    twat.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 213

rockhead

Well it most certainly does appear you have the right moniker. ROCKHEAD. In the meantime, why don't you come on over to the political section here and discuss Trump if you hate him so much. If you have the balls ROCKHEAD. Of course, I am sure you prefer to sit over here in this section sitting in your sno-cat blowing packed powder up your ass.

Now you may report me for being mean to you snowflake.

:smilelove::smilelove::smilelove: I have no need to bother with the 'political' section, I feel I have wasted enough air here already.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You asshole liberals are all alike. Maybe Sleepy Creepy Joe will save you snowflakes from yourselves. Maybe he will pick Mattress Lady Kamala as his VP.

Dipshit.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
The politicians have been encouraging the knifing of each other for years. Exploiting the wedge issues that in reality have little to do with our own lives. Us-v- them.
It doesn’t matter what hat you wear, our lives are going to be significantly altered no matter who the mouth is at the top. This is bigger than a slogan. We are Americans,(and Canadians and some from a few other places) we’ll help each other out and we’ll put it back together once we figure this out. Not sure if anyone heard Gov. Cuomo and Sean Hannity having a sane conversation yesterday but that speaks volumes.
It’s a pretty small world that we live on and this disruption affects everyone.

This started as a humorous thread to help keep each other’s spirits up, maybe we could get back to that?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Butch, don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!
Mike

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:th_lmao::th_lmao::th_lmao::th_lmao:
Feel free to update these numbers . . .

So I feel this is humorous, if you don't that's on you.
If you want to hit me in the feels go for it, my grand mother went septic after the Flu. Sepsis is fatal.

Here is something to think about......

this current kooty KRaze is the title of this thread.

attached is a CDC report of normal flu.

"cases"
"deaths"
"social distance"
" infection"
" pandemic"
"Shelter in place"
" barriers"
"lock down"
"out break"
"Tested positive"

It is likely this is the second if not third wave of the kooties. test 300,000,000 and you will find Positive results.

Report facts. good luck, facts don't generate impresion points.

Have a brain and factor or reason out the facts for yourself. You are going to get this flu and survive just the same way you survived all the past CASES you have been infected with.
Trashing the economy and piling on debt is because the kooties has __________?

What___________?

What does it have that any of the other pandemics had.

FEAR this whole malarchy is FEAR.

sorry if the picture is sideways.

$.02

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 400

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am glad to hear a couple southern states have the balls to open up some nonessential business and service industries.

there is a lot of distilleries in that region.........

undy

I hope this coronavirus is a fake too, but I don't know. What I hear from friends in healthcare, it's much deadlier than influenza.

As of this morning, over 45,000 people in the U.S. have died over Covid-19, around as many as are shown on Mike's post above. But consider that those flu deaths mainly occurred without people being isolated, while the Covid-19 deaths mainly occurred despite people being isolated. That's a huge difference.

I think Mike has something about testing 300,000,000 people, as that's the only method of knowing what's happening.

But it's interesting to look at the opposite views about reopening the economy, and consider what's being said and by whom. Here's some interesting information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRFbwjwQ4VE

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
listened to the video at 2X speed so I may have missed some stuff.. but entertaining sound byte compliations are a reality.

Which ever side you live on, You are getting this bug. excercise, move, breath and remain vigilant.

it will be back in fall,

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well as a disobedient citizen I am not convinced that the safer at home approach is the best approach. My situation is in the hands of the District attorney and I await my *ticket* How this plays out is going to interesting. I feel that if they stopped looking for this flu, they would stop finding it. the handful of folks I know that have endured its wrath did not know they had it. and mentioned feeling winded while skiing.
the increased law enforcement in the North south thourough fares this weekend is sending a message.
Tavern owners telling deputy sherriffs to get the ______ out of their taverns was interesting.
If the health care system is within its safe operating limits, I say open it up. I have business owner with 3-$400 electric bills. product on the shelfs of freezers and stalling this situation for something that you are likely going to get anyway seems silly.

Go texas

undy

Mike,

I guess none of us really know how this will play out, and we don't have much choice but to wait and see. But I sure hope you are the correct one here!

However, here are some very interesting graphs of numbers of people tested, having, and died from Covid-19 in Texas, especially the "Deaths Due To The Coronavirus In Texas By Date" graph. Unfortunately, it's still on an upward slope, despite businesses opening up.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/co...-map-houston-texas-us-case-virus-15142609.php

The data is staggering.
* The United States will likely top 70,000 deaths from Covid-19 in the next 24-48 hours.
* In less than 6 months, Covid-19 has surpassed the total number of fatalities from the Vietnam war, and that lasted 19 years!
* Covid-19 is now the leading cause of death in the U.S. https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-leading-cause-of-death.html. Consider that. It now outpaces deaths from car accidents, smoking, and homicide!

Historically, we have always reacted to hazards of this magnitude. In 1966, in response to rising highway deaths, the U.S. enacted the Highway Safety Act to lower accident rates. This Act resulted in the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) which still dictate automobile safety equipment to this day. This was a HUGE change we made, yet highway deaths never reached even 50,000 in one year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_vehicle_fatality_rate_in_U.S._by_year. Covid-19 has already surpassed that number in less than a half year.

You are correct that the symptoms vary widely from person too person, and many people experience very mild symptoms. But they still can infect others, even if they are totally non-symptomatic. Nobody wants to be the guy who unwittingly brought this crap home and accidentally killed Grandma.

It's easy to be complacent, until it's too late. You only need to look at the numbers in some other places to see how bad it can get.

So, should we open up now? This comment was from 2 days ago:
"There are now five countries with more than 20,000 accumulated confirmed deaths: USA, Italy, Spain, France and United Kingdom. While the numbers of people dying are slowing down in Italy and Spain, in the USA they almost doubled. This suggests that the USA have not reached the peak yet, president Trump is pushing for a quicker end of the lockdown."
https://worldmapper.org/covid-19-coronavirus/

Time will tell. But I'm hoping for the best, and planning for the worst.

And I hope that the next time we see each other, this will all be in the rearview mirror, we can share a beer and I can dine on crow!! Stay safe!!

alryA

This new virus and one of the most contagious, ever seen. There is nearly no help for those who get very ill from it. Where as the flu, there are many options to help people and its much less contagious, plus we have vaccinations for it.

We hope to not get this novel virus.

Last edited:

rockhead

Anybody who can look at overwhelmed hospitals in Italy and reefer-truck morgues in NY and be unphased has clearly put a very low value on the lives of their fellow citizens.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Almost like Nature is evening the score and forcing a survival of the fittest situation in the face of modern medicine. For thousands of years thats the way it worked, if you were not healthy nature took you out. Over the last 75 years there are a lot of folks gaming the system with modern medicine. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer, immune diseases, old age etc. enter the Wuhan flu and it is back the way it was.

Bannedjoe

Almost like Nature is evening the score and forcing a survival of the fittest situation in the face of modern medicine. For thousands of years thats the way it worked, if you were not healthy nature took you out. Over the last 75 years there are a lot of folks gaming the system with modern medicine. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer, immune diseases, old age etc. enter the Wuhan flu and it is back the way it was.

She keeps tryin'.
That aids thing was almost a success.

alryA

There have been perfect healthy people die from this novel virus. Its not yet understood why less than healthy people will have minor illness, then some healthy ones die. Its a crap shoot that I'd not like to get, or spread around.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
There have been perfect healthy people die from this novel virus. Its not yet understood why less than people can have minor illness, then some healthy ones die. Its a crap shoot that I'd not like to get, or spread around.

Unless they come up with a vaccine you me and everyone else's going to get it. Or the world economy will fail. Then more people will die from that than the virus.

undy

Unless they come up with a vaccine you me and everyone else's going to get it. Or the world economy will fail. Then more people will die from that than the virus.

Yup, and until they come up with that vaccine and administer it globally, we are all in danger.

But there's another component. I think we agree that it seems that some people are less symptomatic than others, but who? We also know that lots of people have it, or have already had it, but who?

Until truly massive scale testing is done across the globe, and until we really know who has it or had it (or we wait for it to miraculously go away :whistle:), the economy is going to pay.

I don't see any way for the economy to effectively reopen safely without testing, not just to assess worker/workplace safety but also to restore the public's trust enough to make reopened businesses thrive. A lack of testing may destroy the economy, ultimately.

So I'd suggest that the single best way to save the economy might be to prioritize testing and analysis of those results.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This new virus and one of the most contagious, ever seen. There is nearly no help for those who get very ill from it. Where as the flu, there are many options to help people and its much less contagious, plus we have vaccinations for it.

We hope to not get this novel virus.

The screen shot in #42 is relevant here.

That is the CDC from last year. You can look at the last 20 years and the NORMAL old Flu in any given year has been recorded as more than 50K deaths. My grandmother died from the flu many years ago. It was brutal to watch my mother look at my grandfather and affirm the *morphine to help her* was the best policy.

My point is I respect the fear.
I respect the concern.
but lets get this in focus.

Its here.
You are getting it.

Now do I go hide in the corner and let someone shoot up my classroom at the college while hiding in the corner.? Or do I risk the $347 misdemeanor fine for possibly carrying a piece of equipment that would likely make the evil piss himself and run?

it is easy to sit and be all bold on a key board. but the reality of this flu is; do I want it delivered to the house by the fed-ex guy, on a head gasket for a tucker i am rebuilding? or go get it myself helping and apprentice who lost his job. does not have a clothes washer, so I bring him one I repaired and get the damn flu from his wife who is essential and brought it home......

Open the country up. shake hands. allow LIFE. If I have to face Undy and nod while holding my hands in front of my I am going to be crabby.

the band is still playing. the ship hasn't sunk yet.....
Don't let it

Last edited:

undy

I hate looking under rocks, because you always find more rocks to look under.

As reported by NYT, a new CDC report estimates that by June 1, the U.S. could be seeing around 3000 deaths.

PER DAY.

Let that sink in.

Here's a link to an NPR story about it. It has the link to the NYT story and the CDC report.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-document-and-its-3-000-deaths-a-day-scenario

Of course, we're not there yet, and there's no guarantee that's what's going to happen. The article describes that this is but one of the scenarios that is being modeled. But that's what is being predicted.