• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chrysler for sale?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Is Chrysler for sale? After yesterdays round of cuts, and last falls posted $1.2 Billion (US) loss, Daimler shareholders are pressing for the Chrysler division to be unloaded.

I thought this paragraphs were interesting...

Zetsche would not comment further on his apparent about-face Wednesday, saying, "We cannot provide you any more details on that strategic option."

Nor would he comment on a report in a German magazine that DaimlerChrysler was in talks to sell Chrysler to General Motors. GM also declined to comment.

Catherine Madden, an analyst with Global Insight, nixed the GM rumor, saying the No. 1 automaker is on track to make money in 2007 after rampant cost cutting and establishing global product development and manufacturing systems that would not be compatible with Chrysler's.

Ford isn't in position to buy anyone, having lost $12.7 billion last year and not expecting a profit until 2009. The unions make Chrysler unattractive to Toyota or Honda.

"But Chrysler has some valuable brands, so Chinese or Korean manufacturers are the most likely candidates because it would give them instant strong [brand] recognition in the U.S. market," Madden said.

That could make China's Chery Automobile Co. a candidate. Chrysler recently struck a deal for Chery to build small cars for Chrysler to sell globally. Chery also wants to sell cars in the U.S. under its own brand.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems that Chrysler dealers were taken by surprise by this announcement a couple days ago. I think it sort of hurts the ole mental attitude to know your manufacturer may want to dump the product line you sell.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Yet we still keep buying forign cars (regardless of where they are assembled). And yes, I'm as guilty as the next person.

If (when) we do have a large scale war in the future, where is the American War Machine going to be made? In the factories of our enemies, that's where.

LarryRB

My in-laws wwere Chrysler dealers 53 years. When the guy from GM took over Chrylser the dealers knew it was short lived. Lutz sold Chrysler down the drain when he sold it to Daimler.. At the time, Chrysler was way ahead of all the others and could have stayed there,,, The other thing is, Daimler has made some serious dangerous decisions, especially after Iococca proved certain things had to change, changed them, proved they were the right thing to do, and Daimler brought back all those bad manuevers, and things are down hill since. The other thing to watch with Daimler, is, they buy a company, run it awhile, then go after the next company,charging the previous one, to pay the bill.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I dont like Chrysler. Never did. Their demise is no concern of mine.... EXCEPT the workers that build those ugly roll boxes. NAFTA sucks. What is America DOING to our mfg. sector? :toilet: Thats what. America can NOT survive as a service only country. We are our own worst enemy. :cry: