• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker kitten

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
They have a Ford Anglia engine and trans, diff, the diff drives some chain reductions that incorperate a drum brake used as a clutch & brake assembly in side each pontoon. They are pretty simple. Bill guthrie of Sales Unlimited would likely have service literature. Oh yes and they have Lucas "Prince of Darkness" Electrical systems. Everything for the most part is available. There's a guy in california, Dean Kirsten, that was a writer for Hot VW's or VW Trends, he's the Anglia Expert. I got all the tune up specs from him. He's a parts source too.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you Lyndon. Just the info I wanted. How is the weather where you are now?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Weather was nice from Christmas to New Years, warm, about 4 above. Then as usual it started blowing. 20 to 35 MPH Winds, dropped to 8 below. For about 3 days, now it's quit blowing and the temperature is gradually dropping. Should be about 20 below for the next couple days. Just think of Lawerence of Arabia, but at 20 below, not 115 above!

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
Sounds pretty col but you probably get sick of it quick. Did you get the tundra driver award for getting you truck stuck in the snow drift?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No, so far I havn't been awarded the dreaded "Tundra Driver Award". I've been trying to find a copy to post on the forum. Actually my truck was stuck right in it's assigned parking spot at the "Bull Rail" which is some pipe assembly sticking out of the ground that supports heavy duty cords with lit plug ends that you plug your truck into. All of our vehicles up here are diesel. The engines tend to last longer and withstand sitting ideling for days better. Also there is less chance of igniting a fire with a diesel as they have no spark system. And they all have an "Arctic Pack" which consists of: 900 to 1200 Watt Cranck Case or "Headbolt" heater that keeps the coolant hot, an oil pan heater, a heater on the transfer case, one on the transmission, a small electric blanket on each battery, and a small on-board battery charger that keeps the dual batteries topped off. Each vehicle requires it's own 20 Amp circuit. When you go to un-plug one there is a fairly sizable spark. If it comes unplugged in a big blow and it's 40 below, you don't even try to start the vehicle as it generally ruins the starter. Either you plug it back in and wait 4 to 6 hours for it to thaw out, or you have the loader push it into one of the heated maitenance shops, or the Mechanics pull up a 2 Million BTU portable heater, tent it with a parachute and heat it for a couple hours. Big machinery like a tractor trailer sized tow truck or a Loader may require 2 circuts, a second one for heat tracing the hydrolic lines. The newer Volvo and Cat loaders are being equipped, from the factory with small diesel generator sets with insulative blankets that are left on all night instead of running the main big engine when not in use.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you might check with snow trans Bill recently passed away but Marry is still answering calls and e-mails I remember they had a kitten at one time they may have some litature