• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted - Nokia 6340i

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I bought the wife a 2 year old Mercury Mountaineer to replace the Explorer that I wrecked by hitting a deer. The car came with a built in cell phone, but like everything else in life, it has built in obsolescence. Cingular, who installed the unit originally says that the system is old technology and it can't be reactivated. They think that a Nokia 6340i would work on the cradle and hands free portion of the system, but are not 100% certain. This particular phone is now also a obsolete unit. I don't want to invest in a used unit on eBay because there is a possibility that it just won't work with the car. If someone has a old one that they no longer use, I would be happy to pay the postage to get it. That way, I will have them try it in the car to make sure it works properly before signing a contract. Please send me a PM if you can help with this. Oh.... the phone that they won't activate is a Nokia 5165. The car came with 1 in the cradle and 2 spares. Thanks Junk.....

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
yes we had the nokia 5165 hands free in our trucks and then up-graded to the 6340i phones ....it was a good hands free set-up ,sux they did away with it... Junkman check your pm.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Ahhhhhhh .... now I know what you are talking about in the PM. I still have the car, and the old phone that is serviced by Tracfone is still working without a SIM card. I don't know what the long term ramifications of this "pay as you go" phone will be, but for the limited use that it gets, it is worth the $50 a year that it costs. I will keep it in mind, if at some time in the future they decide that the phone has to be upgraded to s SIM card phone. Don't throw that phone away, I might need it .... thanks Junk......