• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Melsdad, happy anniversary to you both.

Ours is in a couple of days. She's decided that she is going to make some pate, she has some pastry and a small filet. She is going to make two individual Beef Wellingtons for our anniversary dinner. I have a nice bottle of red wine set aside. It should be a good night.

I put in 3 hours yesterday. Three to four hours seems to be my limit right now. Any more and I have to take a couple of days off to let my back settle down again. Still, we do what we can do. Today? Today is going to be a mowing day. We'll see if we can get it finished in one day or if I have to spread it out over two.

Bamby

Between my wife and I, and a guy I hire occasionally, we done dug a ditch.
I'm placing 4 inch conduit that will run water electricity and propane into the new building.
Of course each will have its own casing.
I'm thinking about trying out this (new to me) fancy pants Pex stuff.

Excuse me but your excavation fails to meet the standards of a ditch. A ditch is required to be in sod with intertwining roots to resist shovel penetration. A ditch also requires plenty of various sized rock on all shapes and sizes resisting any form of movement in any attempt to remove them. And thirdly a ditch needs depth the frost line here is at three feet which makes a foot of ditch here one heck of a lot more effort than that potato planting row that you're calling a ditch.. :yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy 35th Anniversary to the lovely Mrs_Bob

Not that we have any real plans today to celebrate. Probably going to mow the grass, probably going to get another pick up load of mulch, probably going to go for a motorcycle ride. Freezer diving for a "special" dinner tonight.

Happy Anniversary!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy anniversary Bob and Mrs Bob. Cheers!!! :beer:

For our anniversary dinner (two weeks ago) she suggested Texas Roadhouse. I agreed since it was our anniversary ...I did not think the food would taste right after a 25 minute ride home. I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted great. Texas Roadhouse has a good system to keep all social distant, and they got our order right. :D :clap:

Yesterday wife and I planted two small gardens. One for gords and one for veggies. And today we have a nice drizzle rain that has lasted for hours. So for a change I won't complain about the rain.

Bannedjoe

Happy anniversary Bob and Mrs Bob. Cheers!!! :beer:

For our anniversary dinner (two weeks ago) she suggested Texas Roadhouse.

Happy anniversary Bob and wife!

Other than almost always being too damn loud, for me if I'm out of town and want to dine out, TRH is always my first choice, Outback second.

And for those bitching about my ditch, believe me there were obstacles.
DG can be a mofo to pick through, and there were our fair share of rocks, you just don't see them because they were moved to the rock pile for use somewhere in the future.:smile:

Conduit in place....
Might not be 100% straight, but it's good enough for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2347.JPG
    IMG_2347.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2348.JPG
    IMG_2348.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 52

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The temperature dropped again to +6 celcius and windy. So I sat in pain most of the day until deciding to head out to work on the snowmobile trailer for a bit. I'm still waiting on screws to finish the salt guard on the front but I was able to get the old snowmobile track from the older sled that I had changed this winter cut and screwed down for traction. I also built a ramp for the trailer. The old one was a rotten old pallet.
d987222a902b59255d977c6a6fa080ba.jpg
3f0eda3a836346862540298bffeb9c0d.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob bought us a PIT BOSS smoker for our anniversary. I'm not sure who was more excited to put it together and start it up. Its a big one too. 5 racks, with an electric chip feeder from a hopper that holds 40#.

Had it built before lunch, tossed in some pork, some beef and some chicken, each with their own style of rub. The beef will take the longest, its going to be "burnt ends" when it is all done later this evening. Pork and chicken will be our dinner.

We went out for a motorcycle ride, basically made a big "figure 8" on a map, with Momence, IL at the center point and rode a good way along the shore of the Kankakee River, crossing the river in both Indiana and Illinois. Sun was behind clouds so it was a little cooler but we were dressed well for the temps while we were riding.

Sun is out now and its over 70 degrees now. So just sitting outside and relaxing with the dogs while keeping a watchful eye on the smoker (no reason to do that, but the dogs are keeping me company)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Anniversary, Bob and Mrs.B.

I've been busy doing a lot of things today.
Thankfully the weather is gorgeous, so I walked Oakwood park, twice.

Bannedjoe

Window and door trim installed and stained.

We're getting closer to the stucco, which I will hire out to a friend.

Inside of each 4 foot block, there's (3) 5x5 spaces that have no concrete or rebar in it, just the foam block.
My plan is to use a 4 inch hole saw, and cut through that space in a number of places up high on the walls in the kitchen.
I'll then fill that space with blue skyy vodka bottles.

I've seen people put bottles in walls before, but to me it looks stupid with the neck still on the bottle protruding from either the inside or outside wall, and when the cork or cap fails, you have a wonderful place for bugs to move into.
No thanks.

My plan is to cut the bottoms off the bottles, and attach them to both sides of some 4 inch white PVC, then place the whole unit into the wall.

The PVC should amplify the light a little, kinda like when working with glass block.

I might even go as far as to install some 12V LED lights inside the tubes for use at night.
It probably won't throw much light, but might look cool.

I just purchased a bottle cutter and watched a myriad of videos on how to get the glass to crack right at the line.
There's quite a few variations.

I found one that made sense, and so far I'm five for six.

Not too shabby, eh?

Attachments

• IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 109

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
blue skyy vodka bottles.

Don't worry about the breakage. If you need more empty bottles let us know. I’m sure we could get some volunteers to help!

Bannedjoe

Don't worry about the breakage. If you need more empty bottles let us know. I’m sure we could get some volunteers to help!

Thanks James!
I've got quite the collection going, but I find that the whole thing seems to work best if volunteers will ship the bottles in their freshly purchased full state.

Thank you, I will post a shipping address when requested.:smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from the Ozark place and a visit to the Marina in Stockton.

Two days of cutting saplings and piling them up to burn or shred into mulch. Had to replace about half of the deck boards on our 10' X 32' deck at the old RV.

Finally, the house site is clear, staked out, and I can begin excavations.

The boat wintered well. A few hours of power washing the decks and topsides, it will be ready for sea duty. Things below (inside) were Bristol. Fortunately, the lake is not 20 feet over flood pool this year. Covid-19 "secure in place" has had the Marina closed up. They were just getting the facilities up and open.

We plan to put the tiny trailer at the marina park for the kids so that Cathy and I can have the boat to ourselves. My son's big cruiser will be berthed next to us in about two weeks. The kids can also shack up there.

Otherwise the "love boat" will not be rocking at the dock come nightfall.

On that subject,,,; Cathy was reading about Covid-19 on Web-MD today. Things not to do because it lowers your disease resistance include, excessive drinking, smoking, obesity and Lack of Sex. I couldn't believe it! Been telling the wife for years now. Fortunately, for me anyways, she swears by Web-MD.

Always, a silver lining. :bolt:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a whole lot. Did my workout routine. Helped the kids with school work. Heading out this afternoon to haul the boat out of storage. It's sitting under the overhang on my shop.

In a whole lot of pain today so no clue how much I'll actually get done.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Neighbors were complaining about Dad's abandoned house. He died two years ago and no one actually owns the house. The wife could if we made the mortgage payments but, Dad borrowed more than it is worth.
But it is a wreck. Tenants let their dogs poop and pee in the living room, destroyed the bathrooms, and the roof leaks. It is also tied up in a tax lien and bankruptcies are on hold right now.

So, for the last two years, it just sits there. Rotting.

I've been mowing the front yard but the back is a jungle. So today I began the task of cutting things back, picking up fallen limbs and down wood. The AC unit had sank so that needed to be lifted and set back on gravel. The once tidy gardens are full of volunteer bushes, tree saplings, weeds and Poison Ivy. Of all the things growing to which I am allergic, PI is not one of them. Go figure. So I get to clear it.

Halfway through the day it started raining. What a mess that became.

I'm cold, wet, tired, pissed off and miserable. And still have the actual mowing to do yet Tuesday. I legally do not have to do this but I prefer peace in the neighborhood. And frankly, I have to look at the place myself so, :bb:

However, I think I know the perp who complained. His house is not even near here. He just likes to be an @ss. He might want to check his tires or brake lines for the next few days. :hammer:

Bannedjoe

Neighbors were complaining about Dad's abandoned house. He died two years ago and no one actually owns the house. The wife could if we made the mortgage payments but, Dad borrowed more than it is worth.
But it is a wreck. Tenants let their dogs poop and pee in the living room, destroyed the bathrooms, and the roof leaks. It is also tied up in a tax lien and bankruptcies are on hold right now.

So, for the last two years, it just sits there. Rotting.

I've been mowing the front yard but the back is a jungle. So today I began the task of cutting things back, picking up fallen limbs and down wood. The AC unit had sank so that needed to be lifted and set back on gravel. The once tidy gardens are full of volunteer bushes, tree saplings, weeds and Poison Ivy. Of all the things growing to which I am allergic, PI is not one of them. Go figure. So I get to clear it.

Halfway through the day it started raining. What a mess that became.

I'm cold, wet, tired, pissed off and miserable. And still have the actual mowing to do yet Tuesday. I legally do not have to do this but I prefer peace in the neighborhood. And frankly, I have to look at the place myself so, :bb:

However, I think I know the perp who complained. His house is not even near here. He just likes to be an @ss. He might want to check his tires or brake lines for the next few days. :hammer:

Arrrrrgh.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Drove to camp with the older boys to haul out a picnic table and bring two back. Then worked in the garage all afternoon cleaning up and organizing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't do much this morning as I was on teacher duty getting the kids to do school work.

After lunch I headed out to do a bit of yardwork clean up prepping the flower beds for perennials to start sprouting.

Then I got the idea to take our youngest son (10) out on the quad. He's never driven anything motorized before so it was a slow learning curve. He did good though. The back 3 acres of our property has a few trails I cut last summer. In behind the property, it backs onto the community fairgrounds. At one end there's a few barns and a track where they do horse races occasionally. The rest is still their property which is partially cleared but unused. So we can use it for anything recreational. There are gravel roads and camping areas for when they hold music events there.

That little red quad is a 1989 Yamaha breeze 125. It was my grandfather's and I rode it as a child.
6e3b0ad685ee0dbc446dba07a25b182d.jpg
d9bd999a998034527fe1890c458abb85.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Nothing going on here. Was supposed to have my windshield replaced but it's raining so it's going to be Monday. :sad:

Got put into Facebook jail for a month for quoting Adolf Hitler: "What luck for rulers that men do not think." :sad:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Right after lunch I helped my wife in her "herb" garden. There are still a few herbs in there along with my asparagus bed but this spring the raised beds are pretty much turned over to tomato and pepper plants. Not many but it should keep us going once they start producing.

I then went to work on one of the sprinklers which was having a problem. My experience with sprinklers is that to replace one either takes about two minutes or two hours. This one today turned out to be the two hour variety. What a bugger. I eventually got it out and replaced part of the water line while I was in there. Got the new one in and tested. It's running like a champ. I think that I might pay for that tomorrow because my back is "twingy" right now.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to finish moving the dirt from the trees we lost at Easter. We'll see.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tomorrow I'm supposed to finish moving the dirt from the trees we lost at Easter. We'll see.

Storm went through here couple hours ago headed in your direction. Hope it isn't too wet to work tomorrow.

Jim

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
HA HA HA. Thanks! Hard work paid off.

A whole month in Facebook jail??
Lol
I think the last time for me was 3 days.

I've been so busy with work and trying to get things done around here.
Today I'm off.
My eldest son Jeff aka superman is coming to visit this afternoon.
He's facing possible knee surgery in the future.
He had asked if he could have a small loan.
Told him of course, but it's not going to be a loan.
If he needs help, I'm his mother.
He said I can't just take it, Mom.
I told him to shut his pie hole.
It's what Mother's do.
:smile:

Bannedjoe

Facebook jail?
Pishaw!

Facebook deleted my account many years ago when I couldn't prove my chosen moniker was my real name.

Today, Mr Gibbs, my rough coat Jack Russell, is getting his summer haircut.

He's pretty good about it, but doesn't care for the clipper getting too close to his face, so I'm forced to do the best he'll allow, then do a scissor finish.

Many moons ago I took a certified dog grooming course and opened a nice little home based shop, it almost got off the ground, but a divorce botched that all up.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
A whole month in Facebook jail??
Lol
I think the last time for me was 3 days.

I'm being singled out because I'm heavily involved with conservative politics on Facebook. I started up the Council Bluffs Tea Party and it has over 200 members. I'm in the county GOP, state GOP pages and the list goes on. As you know, FB hates us normal people.

My account was suspended a while back for using the phrase 'dingier than a pet coon'. Of course, it's RACcoon and not something racial. I've been using that since the 1950s when I was in grade school but it was an excuse to display their contempt for conservatives.

They stalk and harass other conservatives I know too. I can't wait for a huge class action lawsuit against them!

Status
Not open for further replies.