• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Parts for 1404 IMP

I am getting ready to overhaul the 94 Cu in ford engine in my imp and I was wondering if anyone knows where a guy can get a kit? Or piece together individual parts. It has a knock and I think it might be a rod bearing by the sound of it. Any info would be great thanks

Dr. Zaugg

I have used EC Power systems in Denver. They are the local Ford Industrial engine dealership. They have had those parts in the past. 303-360-7110

Thank you that is very helpful. I will call them first thing monday morning. I got it torn down last night and as I expected it has a broken drive rod for the oil pump. She is pretty ugly on the inside.

mkntrakes

EC power doesn't carry parts for them any more. import parts supplier is a better chance but if yours is a 98 be aware that the 104 head gaskets won't interchange .where are you located i have a complete running 98 for sale if your not to far away

I'm in northwest nd what would u want for it? Any pictures? Would it need to be gone through and overhauled do u think? I am interested and would consider shipping.. Please let me know. Thanks

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you talking the liquid cooled V-4 essex motor, just the 98 CID one?

I have a contact of a saab person. If you need a V-4 he has a very large pile of them. all years all sizes.

They would ship from WI. if you are a patient person one of my apprentices could bring it out a bunch of them are working in ND.

My manual says that this engine is a 94 cu in. I would be interested in getting an engine from your Saab contact. Do you know what you would want to sell one for and also what you would like to send it this way? I am patient and in no real hurry. I am also looking into replacing it I got a line on where to buy a new one.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Left him a voice mail and I will post up some options when he gets back to me.

I inquired with my apprentices and they are working on the east side of ND and the central part near all the fracing activity. They are driving trucks back and forth.

Lets see what happens. I inquired about the 91 94 and 104 CI engines he will know what fits where.

Mike

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well that was fast. He just called.

$400 guaranteed for one year.
He Mentioned that he will pull the pan and inspect or photo plastigauge what ever you want to be comfortable for free.

I will PM you my phone number if you are interested.

For what it is worth he stated that there are Two motors.
1500 cc higher compression
1700 cc Bigger pistons different crank internally. lower compression Ratio
Both motors are identical on the outside and all accesories are the same as well.

I saw a 4 bb carb on a v-4 motor in his race car if that is your thing.

Mike

Mike I sent you a PM. I am interested and was wondering what all is included. I would like the either the one that is easier to get parts for or the one that will have a little more hp. I am thinking about putting a automatic in this. Please let me know..

Thanks
Anthony

Mike

I did a little more research and I would be interested in the 1700cc engine. Let me know what it would take to have your guys bring it up if that is an option. Feel free to give me a call at 605-270-7608 or just shoot me another pm.. Thanks for all your help

Anthony