• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Only one from church small group not invited to wedding

poehlerfan

I am so upset, a couple at my church and in my small group got married and had this wedding and invited everyone from my small group except me. I know this because I saw pictures of everyone from my small group at the wedding. This was after I talked to my pastor about whether it was open invite bc I didnt get an invitation and he said it was invitation only and that I wasnt the only one not invited. But looking at the pictures I see that isnt true. So then I messaged him and told him I saw everyone from small group that goes regurarly there. He listed a few names of people that weren't invited, but they don't come very often (with the exception of this one guy and this girl who just started coming a few few months ago). That doesnt matter to me because I have been going regularly, Im a girl and have been going for a long time and I was the only one out of the group of girls that goes regurarly that isnt new that was not invited. That is what makes me feel like there is something wrong with me because I was the only girlone out of the core group not invited, like do they have something against me or does somebody else in the group have something against me and they wanted them there and didnt want them feeling uncomfortable around me? I dont know. But I was the only girl who has been coming a year that attends regurarly that wasn't invited. I had specifically asked him before the wedding if there were other people that go regurarly to small group that weren't invited and he said a whole bunch. One guy and one new person isn't a whole bunch. Why would he say this? And why was I the only girl that attends regurarly not invited? And he had access to the guest list to know who was invited? Why would he know the guest list? He was officiating the wedding, but still, does the officiant usually know the guest list?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know you. The people on this board don't know you. So how do you expect to come on here and get an honest, reasoned answer?

My feeling is that you are either trolling or the people getting married, for whatever reason, didn't want you there. Live with it!!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't know you either, but if I were so inclined to offer advice I would say move on and get over it.

Life is hard and it has it's ups and down. In the over all scheme of things, not getting invited to a wedding is of little consequence. Besides, look on the bright side. You didn't need to spend money on a gift.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey P. Fan - you already had a post about not being invited to a wedding. One good thing about that is you don't have to shell out for a gift.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Cat. You are right. She knew a year ago she would not be invited. And never responded once to that thread after folks offered up opinions. it's here: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=71637

Now the same chit. if you do not respond after people take the time to respond to your questions / statements / hurt feelings etc. then you are trolling.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey P. Fan - you already had a post about not being invited to a wedding. One good thing about that is you don't have to shell out for a gift.

Good spot Cat!!!! :clap::clap:

It seems that nobody want this poor girl at their wedding. She must be a real PITA.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Good spot Cat!!!! :clap::clap:

It seems that nobody want this poor girl at their wedding. She must be a real PITA.

As whiny as she is, I wouldn invite her either. Every party has a pooper, so that spot was probably filled by another whiner, and the wedding party limited it to one.

Suck it up cupcake. You're destined to b an old maid with your attitude. Nobody likes a high maintenance broad.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope I never get invited to any more weddings.
Would be like winning the lottery.
Each one costs me at least one tank of gas on the boats.
Most of these lists end in divorce anyways.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Last wedding I went to was my niece's. She had it in her parent's back yard. Cost maybe a couple hundred bucks. Mostly to pay the justice of the Peace (who performed the wedding) and the chow. Think I gave them a couple of gift cards to go out to eat for presents.
But then my niece is a smart young woman.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
We made it simple on everybody. Us and another couple took the car downtown Chicago, lower level of City Hall, and got married. Finished, done. Been together since 1982. So have they.
Didn't cost anybody any money, and we had our first house before we actually went downtown.