• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Huge: More ‘better off' under Trump than Clinton, Bush, and Obama

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Huge: More ‘better off' under Trump than Clinton, Bush, and Obama
by Paul Bedard | February 12, 2020

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...etter-off-under-trump-than-clinton-bush-obama

Another day, another positive Gallup headline for President Trump.

Today’s delivered more economic good news for Trump, that people feel “better off” than they did when the past four presidents were up for reelection.

A record 61% said they are better off than they were three years ago when Trump beat Democrat Hillary Clinton in a shocking election.

“Six in 10 U.S. adults say they are better off than they were three years ago, more than reported this in prior presidential reelection years,” said Gallup.

What’s more, people give Trump much more credit for the improved economy than former President Barack Obama, who’s supporters have been claiming credit. Some 26% give Obama a "great deal" of credit compared to Trump at 37%.

The poll was the latest in a string of good Gallup headlines for the administration. Here are six from just the last three weeks:

• Feb. 12: More in U.S. Say They Are Better Off Than in Past Elections.
  • Feb. 6: Small-Business Owner Optimism Dips but Still Strong.
  • Feb. 5: Record-High Optimism on Personal Finances in U.S.
  • Feb. 4: Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%.
  • Jan. 24: U.S. Satisfaction Surpasses 40% for First Time Since 2005.
  • Jan. 23: U.S. Economic Confidence at Highest Point Since 2000.

On the “better off” question comparing how voters feel at the reelection point for Trump compared to Obama, and former Presidents George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George H.W. Bush, the numbers aren’t close.

• Trump: 61% feel better off than three years ago.
  • Obama: 45% felt better off in 2012.
  • Bush: 50% felt better off in 2004.
  • Clinton: 50% felt better off in 1996.
  • Bush: 50% felt better off in 1992.

Attachments

• E57F5867-FA8B-4DD2-AA80-1333B4A2957B.png
    E57F5867-FA8B-4DD2-AA80-1333B4A2957B.png
    53 KB · Views: 48

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Mine is too, by far. But we must ask ourselves, IS it worth it?

Hey Mak2, I have an answer for you that will appease your conscience. If you don't think that it is worth it, give it to the charity of your choice. There, fixed your guilt about your affluence right there.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Mine is too, by far. But we must ask ourselves, IS it worth it?

I'm curious as to what you see the cost is of all this prosperity.

I will say that the stock market is over bought, so portfolio values are somewhat inflated.

But what are we losing with Trump? His infantile antics certainly don't endear us to the rest of the world.

Are there environmental impacts from his deregulation measures?

Expanding national debt?

Just looking for a little feedback\discussion.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm curious as to what you see the cost is of all this prosperity.

I will say that the stock market is over bought, so portfolio values are somewhat inflated.

But what are we losing with Trump? His infantile antics certainly don't endear us to the rest of the world.

Are there environmental impacts from his deregulation measures?

Expanding national debt?

Just looking for a little feedbackdiscussion.

The cost is a better life with happier people.