• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Passport renewal

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
On another site, I learned you don't have to make a personal visit to renew your valid passport, so long as your name hadn't changed and your last passport was issued within 15 years.

Download a form, get your picture, staple it to the form with 4 staples, and then send the completed form, old passport, and a check to the state department.

I did all that. I want to mail it before I leave for out-of-town.

Anybody have any idea how many stamps I need to send it all? Think three would be enough?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We just renewed all of ours as well. Ours hadn't quite expired but like you said, just put it all in an envelope.
Sorry, I don't know what the postage was. Mrs. Zoom took them to the post office as we had 3 of them to renew.
BTW - They say to allow 6 weeks but we got ours back in a little under 4 weeks.