• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hair coloring ?

Mr. Bill

So I'm getting some gray hairs. It seems like alot. I had it colored once but the color was just wrong so they re-colored it. Again it was wrong and when I went swimming in Vegas my hair turned orangutan instead of dark brownish.

The next year I tried Greacian Formula but didn't like having to not wash my hair for days.

Some one who should be much grayer than me told me to use just for men control x. Anyone use this stuff ?

Mr Bill

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm 42 and only starting to get a few grey hairs. I prefer to just let it go natural. My wife can do the hair coloring thing. She can hide it on her head all she wants and change colors. I know her real color though. [emoji12]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
72-years old and my beard is almost totally white and I've a bunch of grey on my head, kind of "salt and pepper" look. Am I going to color it? Nah, I don't think so. What for? I can't see it and what anyone else thinks about it is their problem. I think I'll play the hand that nature dealt me.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
gonna be 80 in a couple of weeks and could care less what color it is. I keep it so short that it barely shows. Im kinda beyond worrying about the color is. In fact if it fell out that would be even better but it wont go away. Have a goodun!!!

Mr. Bill

I think if my hair would turn one color I would be fine with it. Its not really salt and peper evenly but more like a patch of grey here a patch of brown there. I'm thinking the shampoo thing might be worth a try.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My hair is much like yours Mr. Bill. Some salt pepper, bottom back is very grey. I got my drivers license renewed and she asked my hair color I said I don't know. What would you call it. She laughed and suggested just leave it as it was on previous license, brown. I tried just for men. I didn't think it looked bad, but my wife told me it simply did not look natural. I learned to deal with it ah-la-natural.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got some greys.
Do they bother me? No.
Will I ever colour my hair. Nope!
Figure every single grey is earned.
Yup.

20200110_092423.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My driver's license says I have BROWN hair.

That is the official word from our Gubmint. They know better than I do.

So whatever color you think my hair is, you are wrong.

My hair is brown. Gubmint approved it. No way to argue with them. Just get put on "hold" if you try to call to complain.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have been gray for years and plan to stay that way. I need to impress no one.

Under hair color on the driver's license is simply says Old FART!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I've always felt that those that fret about grey hair need to find something more important to worry about. Mine is sorta blonde on top and thinning and grey on the sides.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
At the ripe old age of 20, I was salt and pepper. Mostly pepper. All the gals thought it was cool.

52 years later, at 72, I am totally salted. During my 50's I tried color but it never looked real. And frankly, I was still ugly. Nobody thinks I'm cool anymore. So why bother?

The wife has a lot of grey which makes her honey blond look pale and old. But at 69 years, her face has virtually no wrinkles. No double chin and a body that looks thirty. So it works for her. She seems fine with it and I don't really care.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've got some greys.
Do they bother me? No.
Yup.

View attachment 121652

I've got my glasses on, I'm looking real close and I don't see anything there that I would call grey. Studying that picture as hard as I am, the only thing that comes to mind is, "You've got great eyes" … and it's not even Valentine yet. :heart1: :hide::hide::hide:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got my glasses on, I'm looking real close and I don't see anything there that I would call grey. Studying that picture as hard as I am, the only thing that comes to mind is, "You've got great eyes" … and it's not even Valentine yet. :heart1: :hide::hide::hide:
Lol
Thank you!
Yes! The greys are there, mixed in with the red and little blonde strands.
Mostly at the crown.
My way of dealing with them are to pluck them out, but they keep coming back.
:tongue:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got some greys.
Do they bother me? No.
Yup.

View attachment 121652

If only I were a year younger and single...…

But I'm betting I would have to stand in a long line.

Those eyes:agree: