• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fuel Prices worldwide

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess America is not the only country that is hurting from the rise in fuel cost . Looks like its turning ugly in Spain and other countries that are trying to cope .

Prez Eisenhower shut down a Army Corp of Engineers Bio fuel plant experiment in 1952 that was producing 250,000 barrels a day after being assured by oil companies that there would always be plenty of fuel and prices would remain low .

Now were behind and trying to catch up to make up !!!

You gotta love goverment and big business :clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
so you're saying they should look into "biofuel natural gas"?

I'm saying it only took 50 years to get this going again !We need to get our heads out of our butt and seriously start doing something to end our dependency on foreign oil . Its killing us . I am open to any idea that lets me flip my middle finger at the Saudis .Let them drink and eat their damn oil for all I care . And lets charge them up the butt for all the food we send to them .

Many people do not know that LA once had a great Rapid Transit system in place but the major tire manufacture bought it and disassembled it right after WWII. You don't sell tires if people are not driving there cars .

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
sorry - I was replying to galv's mass mooning.
you're right - we do need a solution, fast.
I had looked into solar and wind, but the systems are still too expensive for me to be able to do it right now. (if they'd had the "peel and stick solar cells for a reasonable price BEFORE I put the steel roof on the house it might have been cheaper than paying the power company for service...)

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I had looked into solar and wind, but the systems are still too expensive for me to be able to do it right now. (if they'd had the "peel and stick solar cells for a reasonable price BEFORE I put the steel roof on the house it might have been cheaper than paying the power company for service...)

I have a 2500 watt solar electric system on my home in Panama . That does not sound like much ,but if done right it is more than enough power . My home is over 7500 Square feet . A 5 bedroom /3 bath with all the bells and whistles . Cost in 2005 to install was $12,500 . Figure about $5 a watt on average . The oil companys own most of the solar cell makers and no way are they going to let the price come down . Best thing I ever did !!!