• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

boss, summer and winter photos

alryA

Here was our boss at work this week and another taken this past winter.

Attachments

• bossloading578.jpg
    bossloading578.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 240
  • P1050221.jpg
    P1050221.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 236

alryA

Well gee, seems we like boss photos so here is a few more. These are mostly work shoots. We got the machine for working in the field over the summer, but darn, we sure found it handy for other jobs! That is a 6ft blade I have on it. The lower photo shows our normal winter sun.

Attachments

• bossplow1040484.jpg
    bossplow1040484.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 215
  • bossblows623.jpg
    bossblows623.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 233
  • bossatwork.jpg
    bossatwork.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 221
  • bossatwork2.jpg
    bossatwork2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 220
  • bossindeepsnow2.jpg
    bossindeepsnow2.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
maybe this weekend I will have some of my bigboss pics to contribute to your thread if you don't mind I will be taking mine back 25 miles to rescue my snow cat that broke a track while rescuing a quad that broke in 2. I know this sounds like the old lady that swallowed a fly.

alryA

Of course you should post photos!!! :thumbup:

maybe this weekend I will have some of my bigboss pics to contribute to your thread if you don't mind I will be taking mine back 25 miles to rescue my snow cat that broke a track while rescuing a quad that broke in 2. I know this sounds like the old lady that swallowed a fly.

PJL

I have 2 of those 6X6's that came from military surplus. 2006 model year. They don't have the independent rear suspension. Solid axles with chain drive. Very handy little rigs, go almost anywhere and the cargo carrying bed is great.

alryA

We've only had our 2014 Boss for a few years, so we don't really have many photos if it at work, or in general. There are darn few 6x6's out there, new or used but we happened upon this one up FS 200 miles east of us and with pods we had to check it out. The fellow had got it for ice fishing and left the pods on all year it but after 3 years, had only put 30 hours on it. He used his rubber tired boss version for fishing much more and thought he'd get rid is this unit.. This 700cc is really under-powered for use with pods but the Can-am 6x6 version with the 1000cc engine are much harder to come by. Those might be a better build machine. Oh well, it sure is handy for doing jobs around here!

Attachments

• bossdeepsnow.jpg
    bossdeepsnow.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 199
  • bossatwork11.jpg
    bossatwork11.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 191
  • bossmovestrailer.jpg
    bossmovestrailer.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 186

alryA

Here is a few more photos but do post your own, if you have any. I've posted most of what I've got. :smileywac

Attachments

• bossmovestrailer0004.jpg
    bossmovestrailer0004.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 164
  • bosspodstorage.jpg
    bosspodstorage.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 174
  • bosscamp2dl.jpg
    bosscamp2dl.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 167
  • bosspods1.jpg
    bosspods1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 187
  • bossplows09.jpg
    bossplows09.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 172

PJL

Today myself and 4 guys from one of our SAR units took 5 ATV's up the Mt Tenerife Rd and to Mt Si. North Bend is in the background. The 6X6 does very well on straight trails. Because all 4 rear wheels are driven together it doesn't like tight turns and it's tough to turn around on a narrow trail. We did some brush trimming and trail clearing so that we don't have to do it on a real rescue.

Even got snowed on. Yes I know, it's June. We call this time of year Junuary. It was warmer in April.

Attachments

• IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 162

alryA

Does yours have solid rear axles?? No differentials? Our rears and front is fully independent but when the bed is loaded or towing a more serious load, will not steer all that well. You may have noted that I added a weight peg to the front of ours. Feel free to add more photos of your unit. :thumbup:

Last edited:

PJL

That's right, solid axles, no differentials. Front and rear connected by a chain. I'll take some pics today. Can you differentials be locked?

alryA

That's right, solid axles, no differentials. Front and rear connected by a chain. I'll take some pics today. Can you differentials be locked?

Seems they are not, although I've never been in a situation that I wished they were. I just have the 2x4, 4x4 and with ADC or whatever they call engine braking. I do like engine braking.

PJL

A few pics. This one is the military version. Has a winch, IR headlight light, and extra skid plates. Has about 1100 miles on it.

When I got it the carb was crudded up from old gas and it needed a battery. I just had 6 new tires put on it. The drive chains needed tightened which was very easy to do.

Attachments

• IMG_3814.jpg
    IMG_3814.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 140

alryA

Thanks for posting photos PJL. Sounds like you got it for diong trail work or something else?? I'll post more photos if I locate more of any interest.