• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Where do you....

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
(2) Steel Military-Style Jerry Cans - 5 Gallons gasoline each
(2) Plastic "Blitz" Cans - 5 gallons gasoline each
(2) Yellow Plastic "Blitz" Cans - 5 Gallons Diesel each

:1062:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a 550 gallon tank for gas but my new homeowners insurance company took issue with it so I parted with it. Hey BigDog - did you ever get that installed?

I now use the 5-gallon plastic cans.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
550 gallon ground tank with electric pump for the gasoline. Diesel is in three yellow plastic five gallon "cans".

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
5 gallon and 2 1/2 gallon steel cans, in a shed separated about 50 ft from all other buildings.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
5 gallon plastic containers. I replaced all the steel cans a couple of years ago. I keep the cans in my pole barn, about 150 feet from the house.
I do keep my mix for the weed eater in a one gallon plastic container in the garage (attached to the house).

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Extra diesel fuel is kept in a 100 gallon auxiliary diesel fuel tank with 12 volt electric pump in the pickup box of the Ford F350 King Ranch for the diesel snow cat and Kubota tractor. Most of the time I keep highway diesel in the tank so I can refill the truck if needed.

Gasoline for the gas snow cats, snowmobiles, atvs, generator and Jeep Grand Cherokee is stored in an above ground farm style 500 gallon tank. I put premium in it as it seems to last longer without extra additives and has the octane to run the high performance Polaris RMK snow machines and Jeep with the hemi engine.

I do keep a couple of 1 gallon cans of mixed 2 cycle for the chainsaws in the shed. I have a 2 gallon plastic can of gas in the gas F250 tool box for emergency use as needed.

We have another 300 gallon farm style tank and stand that is going to be used for diesel fuel in the future after I get it cleaned up and ready to go.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Somehow, I have a hard time picturing "Jeep" and "Hemi" in the same sentence, and even more difficult picturing it in a automobile. When I hear the word "Jeep", I think of Willy's, and when I hear "Hemi", I think of Chrysler. :yum:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting point - I once had to get some diesel for a truck that had run out on a hill, I took a steel, ex army jerry can to the garage and was prevented from getting fuel as it was not a proper container!!!! I said well if was good enough for the army, it ought to be good enough for a garage!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a 550 gallon tank for gas but my new homeowners insurance company took issue with it so I parted with it. Hey BigDog - did you ever get that installed?

OH yeah!!!! I put jumper cable clamps on the pump and works like a charm. It's a community tank for 3 families. We pull in, hook up the cables to the battery and pump till FULL .....:thumb:

No more toting 5 gallon diesel cans ............ :)

Gas in 5 gallon cans in a small shed with nothing of value!