• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

where does it stop?

mak2

Where does this hate Bush stuff stop? I was a young Marine when Regean was elected. He loved the Corps and I think was the best Pres ever. George Sr I never liked, nothing inpaticular but he was vanilla. The presidents (Bill and Hill) Clinton made a mockery of the presidency. George 2 I think has screwed up an impossible situation in both directions, but dammit he is the president. I was out tonight having a beer with the screaming left, which are lifelong friends, all they know is they hate anything and everything Bush. Normally these friends have opinions with well thought out ideas. Now they just hate GW. I did not like Billerery, but we did elect Bill, so I got out of the service. I would not dream of trashing him internationally. Look at what Pulosi is doing. It is one thing to differ on opinions, but what is going on now borders on treason. :beer: I really have not had that many beers, but this partisian stuff needs some sort of limits.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Your post sure does reek of partisan politics the way that I read it. I don't like Pelosi, but I think that she is going in the right direction in trying to defuse a difficult situation. If she can get Syria to come to the peace table with Israel, I see that as a positive for both sides. You don't win by isolating your enemies, but win by knowing your enemy and understanding what they are thinking, trying to change that thinking, and win there friendship. I am neither a dove nor a hawk, but I do believe that when people continue to discuss the differences, they can find common ground. I have no idea of who is going to be the next president, but whom ever it is, they are going to have an uphill battle to fix some of what has gone on for the past 5 years. I only wish that the next president has the guts and intelligence to know when to fight and when to talk.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
mak2 said:
George 2 I think has screwed up an impossible situation in both directions, but dammit he is the president. I was out tonight having a beer with the screaming left, which are lifelong friends, all they know is they hate anything and everything Bush. Normally these friends have opinions with well thought out ideas. Now they just hate GW.

I've seen the same. Ever watch the Daily Show on Comedy Central? These are the folks who saw through the lies from the get go. They are tired of being lied to. GW has shown no remorse. He does not listen to anyone that has a varying opinion. He surrounds himself with yes men. He has changed the Presidency forever with his rule bending ways. I think your friends are frustrated with all of this, as I am.

Even so, I do not see the value of Pelosi talking to any foreign leader without the support of GW. I do not understand how she thinks she can accomplish anything doing an end around like she is. If there is support from the White House that would change everything. She should have had that before sitting down with any international leader.