• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

De Blasio’s Iowa Event Brought In Beyond Pitiful Numbers And Gets Roasted By The

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
De Blasio’s Iowa Event Brought In Beyond Pitiful Numbers And Gets Roasted By The Internet
Posted at 4:30 pm on August 12, 2019 by Brandon Morse

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mo...beyond-pitiful-numbers-gets-roasted-internet/

New York Mayor and 2020 candidate Bill de Blasio was just chillin’ in Cedar Rapids for a campaign event at the Parlor City Pub…

…and only 15 people showed up according to the New York Post:

“Everything should be about our families, our lives, what everyday people are going through, what working people are going through,” de Blasio told the crowd, which numbered around 15 — not counting the press corps, campaign staff and Iowa state Sen. Rob Hogg, the event organizer.

“If we as Democrats are talking about that, we’re winning,” said de Blasio, before reiterating his campaign slogan, “Working people first.”

“Here’s the bottom line: We have a country that’s favored the 1 percent now for literally 40 years,” said de Blasio. “The rich have gotten richer. Everybody else has been pretty much treading water.”

It gets worse when you consider the fact that the people who did show up weren’t exactly on board with everything de Blasio was talking about, making them sound more like people who just so happened to stumble into the pub for other reasons and wound up at a de Blasio event unintentionally:

The pitch was met with a mixed reception by the few there to hear it.

“I liked a lot of what he said,” offered Carol Wickey, a 78-year-old retiree. “[But] I thought in his prepared comments he focused too much on working people.”

Wickey said that she feared the divisive tone would drive a wedge between Democratic voters and ultimately wasn’t sold.

“He did not say anything that would sway me that he would be my choice as a candidate,” she said. “Nothing made him stand out among the other two dozen people.”

Geoff Johnson had a similar takeaway, reacting somewhat fondly to many of de Blasio’s ideas, but questioning whether he had enough faith in the campaign’s “viability” to caucus for Hizzoner.

“There are 25 candidates,” said the 40-year-old call center worker. “He’s fairly high on the list, but I’m not sure he quite makes the top five at this point, but some of that may just be because of the viability situation.”

Adding insult to injury, Twitter did not let de Blasio’s shameful turnout to go unpunished.

Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck
·
3h
Replying to
@yesnicksearcy

@hale_razor
and
@nypost
More people probably died climbing Mt. Everest this year alone.
1 more reply

Matt Deuitch
@REMattersAZ
·
9h
Replying to
@yesnicksearcy

@hale_razor
and
@nypost
He did beat the number of US Olympic Curling medalists.

Mike McCain
@MikeMcCain_67
·
6h
Replying to
@yesnicksearcy

@hale_razor
and
@nypost
More ppl have died because they knew the Clintons.

Assault Scalpel
@AssaultScalpel
·
9h
Replying to
@yesnicksearcy

@hale_razor
and
@nypost
More people have shit on the L train this morning.

KEE
@superbucks2050
·
8h
Replying to
@yesnicksearcy

@hale_razor
and
@nypost
Probably this year alone.

Wisdoms Fool
@Wisdoms_Fool
·
1h
Replying to
@yesnicksearcy

@hale_razor and @nypost
More people on Bernie's staff make 15.00 an hour. Just kidding I just wanted to play.

De Blasio hasn’t been doing well during the 2020 race to the White House at all. In fact, his inclusion into the race has drudged up more anger over the fact that positivity, with one in 12 Democrats saying they’d be angry if he won the Democrat nomination.

Attachments

• 8A18F43D-9698-4CDD-82BF-3664715D82D6.jpeg
    8A18F43D-9698-4CDD-82BF-3664715D82D6.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 18