• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another Splendiferous, Gafftastic Day for Joe Biden

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Another Splendiferous, Gafftastic Day for Joe Biden
BY RICK MORAN AUGUST 11, 2019

https://pjmedia.com/trending/another-splendiferous-gafftastic-day-for-joe-biden/

Joe Biden is on a roll. A gafftastic roll. The near-octogenarian, former vice president and front runner for the Democratic Party nomination for president, is causing his supporters and Democrats across the country to pull their hair out in worry and trepidation.

The whispering campaign has become a dull roar; is Joe Biden too old to be president?

Bloomberg:

The statement was the latest in a string of gaffes that have plagued Biden on the campaign trail. On Thursday, Biden, 76, told a group of Asian and Hispanic voters that "poor kids are just as bright" as white children. And last week he referred to mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, as having taken place in Houston and Michigan.
In both cases he quickly caught himself. And on Saturday Biden told reporters he misspoke on his "poor kids" comment but said that overall, people understood the point he was trying to make.

"I don't think anybody thinks I meant anything other than what I said I meant," Biden said.

Just thought I'd mention it took two days before Biden "quickly caught himself." And Uncle Joe's idiotic reference to "three genders" at a Q&A at the Iowa State Fair had even his most enthusiastic supporters scratching their heads.

If Biden keeps this up, not even his partisans in the media will be able to protect him.

Joe Biden said he was vice-president when the deadly high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, took place. But it happened in 2018, more than a year after he left office - the latest gaffe by the Democratic presidential front-runner.
Biden told reporters in Iowa on Saturday that "those kids in Parkland came up to see me when I was vice-president." But when they visited Capitol Hill to talk with members of Congress, lawmakers were "basically cowering, not wanting to see them. They did not want to face it on camera."

Next thing you know, Biden is going to claim he was in office during the Civil War.

No one is more pleased about Biden's gaffisms than his main rivals for his party's nomination. But the former veep has built a great deal of momentum over the last few months and the latest polls show him nearly doubling his lead over his nearest rivals, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.

He is clearly the candidate to beat. But his penchant for weird misstatements and oddly unsettling references cause many less-partisan observers to wonder whether the old man is simply confused, or suffering from some debilitating condition like Alzheimer's disease.

It hardly matters. The next debate holds great peril for Biden. If he were to slip badly on national TV in front of millions of Democrats, even his friends in the media would start to abandon him.