• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NASCAR 2011

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
The Jimmy Johnson show? I never watched or followed NASCAR. Probably never will. Why watch the same seven rednecks go fast then turn left? Kinda like watching paint dry...

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't get Speed in the computer room. When I go upstairs to eat Lifetime Movie Network is on. I value my fingers, so I don't touch the remote.

After that I go to bed, I may turn the race on but I won't see much of it.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
not much of a race fan but sure like your avatar, Rusty fits ya to a T....maby a nail through the hat would top it off!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The Jimmy Johnson show? I never watched or followed NASCAR. Probably never will. Why watch the same seven rednecks go fast then turn left? Kinda like watching paint dry...

Ummmm....it was the truck series race last night. Jimmie doesn't race the truck series.

I could say the same thing about watching hockey or football. Watching a bunch of big brutes with an total combined IQ of 12 points beat the shit out of each other chasing either a ball or puck doesn't do it for me. When you have a 50/50 chance at picking the winner before the game even starts, where's the excitment in that??? I like watching a sport where it's 1 in 43 chance of winning and there's allot more danger involved then worrying which guy is gonna try to knock the other guy down. Might as well watch wrestling as to watch hockey or football.

And golf??? That's about as exciting as watching hair grow.:hammer:

Ok...rant over:flowers: I'm looking forward to watching all the racing this weekend. I grew up around the local dirt track and watching Nascar every weekend. It's a whole lot more then just seven rednecks going fast and turning left.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
NASCAR is a disgrace to racing. Jeez, why not just put giant slot tracks down and have them "race".

I'll watch NASCAR again when you "run what you brung", and what you could shove into a "stock" car, not an unrecognizable body stuffed,with itsy bitsy delimited restricted engines. What a freakin joke.

It is NOT what NASCAR used to be. And it certainly is not F1.

And if I hear that the tracks aren't built to handle the speeds, well then dammit, build the tracks to handle the speeds. I want to see racing, where the entire team has to push everything to the technological limit, in a STOCK car, modified with safety equipment.

Win Sunday, sell Monday. That means nothing today.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It is NOT what NASCAR used to be. And it certainly is not F1.

I'll agree with you on that! It isn't what it used to be. When they went away from brand identity and went with a common template, it changed the whole look of the sport. But I would still rather sit down to watch a good nascar race then watch a bunch of apes throw around a pig skin and beat each other up like they are professional wrestlers.

As for F1...I don't get how people can complain that Nascar doesn't race "Stock Cars" anymore so they don't watch it but will turn on a F1 race to watch a bunch of space ships with wheels go around a track nose to tail and have to stay separated by 20 ft or parts and peices will start flying off the cars.

Would I rather go to a local short track and watch "Stock cars" throw dirt around then watch Nascar. Sure I would but since the nearest track is 8 hrs away from where I live, Nascar is all I have. As I said, I grew up around racing. My dad and uncle had a "stock car" when I was a kid. Up until our local track shut down, we'd be at the track every weekend. Racing is in my blood. I hear people complain about Nascar not racing "Stock" cars anymore. GUESS WHAT....they stopped doing that back in the 70's people. Things change....get over it!!!!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW if anybody is interested, the Nationwide Series race is about to begin.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I know....kinda pissed off about it too. I have cable and TSN up here. The race isn't being covered by TSN. Only got to watch a couple Nationwide races last year since it's only broadcast on ESPN2 and I can't get that channel.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Depends on the "NASCAR". The local 1/3rd mile is a NASCAR track. Now that is fun racing. They even have some stockcars.

The "Sprint Cup" should be sanctioned by NASCR, the "national assoc of spec car racing".

I like to peak in on the Sprint Cup occasionally. But that is about it.

There's much better racing at the local track, whether it is "Claimer" division asphalt cars, local Sprint cars ect.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree but when the nearest track is 8 hrs away, it doesn't leave much for options to get that speed fix.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Surprisingly, for all the tracks that have shut down around the country(Ca is probably the same), the Sacramento area still has a lot going on.

The Sac Mile is coming back; AMA mile flat track bikes. Sac Raceway has a drag strip, motocross, and dirt oval. Roseville has a 1/3rd mile paved oval. Placerville has a 1/4 dirt oval. Auburn has 1/8 mile speedway motorcycle. That is all withing 45 minutes of each other.

Sears Point/Infineum is 1.5 hours away. The big races come to that track; drag races, F1, NASCAR and a variety of others.

Within 2 hours, there are a number of other tracks, including Calistoga. Scary fast dirt track when World of Outlaws is there.

I agree but when the nearest track is 8 hrs away, it doesn't leave much for options to get that speed fix.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Our local dirt track is about 5 miles away but you can hear them run most of the time. There are at least 4 other tracks within 50 miles including Watkins Glen which has a wide variety of racing. No close drag strips that I have found though. I like watching the dirt boys go at it with their own creations from the backyard shops.:clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it looks like Tony Stewart pulled off the almost impossible and won it all!:clap::wow::wow:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It only makes sense that a Government Motors product won the championship ......... :whistling:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I see that. Him and Edwards tied for first in points, after finishing 1 and 2 in the race. Tony had more wins this season, so badabing badaboom. To tell you the truth, I couldn't have cared less who won, as long as it wasnt Jimmy Johnson :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree. It was an awesome race at the end. Loved watching Tony come through the pack. Reminded me of the days of Earnhardt. Nascar couldn't have scripted a better finish to the season if they tried.

One thing I did catch onto though was when Tony was charging in the lead with around ten laps to go and came across some lapped traffic that were both Furds, they didn't move out of the way too quickly for him. I'm wondering if there was some sort of manufacturer's orders in effect in the Furd camp. They sure moved quickly when Carl came up to them.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A lot of things go on behind the scenes as far as loyalty to a manufacturer goes. If a GM is leading the Fords will try to block and the other way around.