• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NASCAR

jwstewar

Anyone else excited about the NASCAR season finally coming? I've been ready for it to start for awhile. I'm getting a little antsy sitting here waiting on time for the Bud Shootout to start tonight. Here's to hoping Jr. makes good on his almost promise to win tonight.:beer:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wait a little longer, the rains came!

BTW...........I was ready too!

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Who the hell is Denny Hamlin?........:whistle:
My favorite driver of all time is Bill Elliott, the wholesome redhead from Dawsonville GA, and then his replacement Kasey Kahne. Good that it's all starting again for another season.

jwstewar

It was a pretty good race. I thought there for a minute Jr. was going to be able to work some of the restrictor plate track magic they are so famous for. Really like the part where Jeffy was out of the race because of oiling down the track.:yum: I don't root for any of the Hendrick teams unless it comes down to them or a Roush driver.

HGM

jwstewar said:
It was a pretty good race. I thought there for a minute Jr. was going to be able to work some of the restrictor plate track magic they are so famous for. Really like the part where Jeffy was out of the race because of oiling down the track.:yum: I don't root for any of the Hendrick teams unless it comes down to them or a Roush driver.

Wow, dont say you prefer Hendrick over Roush....:pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
Uh, nope.
Me either. Never watched a NASCAR race on TV. Used to get free VIP tickets to some NASCAR race every year, every year I give them away, good seats too, they were from the folks who make Winston. (Winston Cup, was that NASCAR?)

I casually watch Formula 1, not a great big fan of it but I enjoy that level of racing. IRL is OK but the cars still just go around a loop, which seems like a waste of the cars potential.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Me either. Never watched a NASCAR race on TV. Used to get free VIP tickets to some NASCAR race every year, every year I give them away, good seats too, they were from the folks who make Winston. (Winston Cup, was that NASCAR?)

I casually watch Formula 1, not a great big fan of it but I enjoy that level of racing. IRL is OK but the cars still just go around a loop, which seems like a waste of the cars potential.

That's cause you ain't one of the real Indiana rednecks. Ah been in the tannin' booth burning the back uv mah neck for almost two weeks now gettin' ready fer Daytona week!! :thumb:

Oh, ah almost fergot

Get er dun!!

P.S. That was Denny's one and only "gimme" from Smoke this year. Just watch...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
That was Denny's one and only "gimme"
I'll say...

I do wonder if Baby Busch is physically healthy today or did some other teams take him to the woodshed after the way he was driving yesterday...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK Dargo . . . that brings up another question. There is that comedian who trademarked Get R Done, or did he trademark Get Er Done, or was it Git R Done??? Seems to me there are a bunch of hillbillies ripping him off and cheating him out of royalties on merchandise sales.

dzalphakilo

Banned
B_Skurka said:

Having North Wilkesboro as a territory, I can't help but get grief (sp?) from some of my customers for being a "non-NASCAR" fan from yankeeland. This town is the home of Junior Johnson (he still lives there), and the local speedway here was "moved" to N.H which really ticked the locals off.

That being said, we have had some meetings at Lowes motor speedway (which is really amazing in size), and I was able to be down on the track and watch some practice runs by the cars. It really is amazing to see, hear and feel those cars go at the speeds they do. I have never watched a NASCAR race in my life and at this point don't intend to do so, but...when you're there in person seeing it, I can now see why people go.

When you see the parking lot/lots around Lowes, and see how many people go to those races, god, it seems like it would take ALL DAY AND NIGHT to get out of that place (one reason why I still won't go, hate to deal with crowds).

We have an office about two miles away from the Bristol speedway, and as luck would have it I had to be in that area during a race day. Never again due to the traffic.