• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Remember when we started mowing?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
:whistle: Remember the 'its about time.... thread where we posted when we started mowing?

It been a long hard hot summer since then, should think most people are looking forward to doing that last mow of the year and banishing that mower to the back of the shed.......

When does the mowing season finish for you?

I'm predicting in the UK that the temps will stay up late on into the year, then they will go below freezing, or it will freeze early.
I'm hoping that it stays on warm and dry, I could do with keeping the mowers used. Predicting to finish mowing in late Nov, early December.......

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Normally, we have a hot and dry August around these parts. This causes the lawn to pretty much go dormant, with a slight come-back in September. This year, August was so rainy (alternating nice warm sun), we are still mowing every weekend. At this rate, it's going to be well into late October until I can take off the MMM.

AndyM

Charter Member
Mith said:
When does the mowing season finish for you?

When does the mowing season finish for you? Isn't that one of those questions like "How much are gas prices in your area?". :whistle:

I'm mowing with decreasing frequency until mid-November, but that also includes driving over the fallen leaves at the end of the season.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
AndyM said:
When does the mowing season finish for you? Isn't that one of those questions like "How much are gas prices in your area?". :whistle:

How many of these useless 'When do you stop mowing?' threads are we going to have?

:D

jakki

DaveNay said:
How many of these useless 'When do you stop mowing?' threads are we going to have?

:D

Moe mows mo' than hoes and tows his hose because he caught his toes in the hose and broke his nose..............hm, in Buffalo

:yankchain:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter

Dunno, but we got far fewer than the useless politics threads ;)

Gatorboy

This is very interesting to me. I love to monitor regional mowing seasons -- maybe I'll look to see if there is a mowingBuddy.com.

But I must say, I sure like how some of you guys think!

BoneheadNW

I have you both beat. I have an entire senior citizen center mow my lawn!
Seriously, this summer was one of the if not the driest summer here in the northwest. Despite my attempts to water the lawn, much of it suffered. However, once it started raining 10 days ago, POOF, the grass turned green and started to grow like crazy. I am happy to have to mow it this weekend.
Bonehead

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
This is very interesting to me. I love to monitor regional mowing seasons -- maybe I'll look to see if there is a mowingBuddy.com.

But I must say, I sure like how some of you guys think!

lawnbuddy.com held by a speculator.

grassbuddy.com and lawnbuddy.org are available. I'll pay for the domain name and supply hosting space if you will build and run the site.

jim