• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS/WTB: 1971 Playcat/Vintage Tucker

funtracks

I'm new to this forum and this would also be my first post on any forum so bear with me if I don't post correctly. I have a 1971 Playcat that's been a fun toy for the past 3 years in our family, I've replaced all 16 tires with the "no flat" style. I've gone through the clutch/brake system and the bogie suspension. The engine and transmission have not been touched (by me) since everything seems to be working great, I did change the transmission gear lube. I'd like to sell this Playcat so I can move up to a vintage Tucker Snocat. The Playcat is the most original one I've seen, it has the hard top option and snowplow. There's almost nothing that I have found while working on it that looks modified. I'd like to trade it for a vintage Tucker or sell outright for $3500. I see so few Playcats for sale I'm not sure on the price, I'd probably keep it if its not worth close to the $3500 and just pick up the vintage Tucker when I find one. I have many photos of the Playcat attached in my photo album (set as public). I live in Red Wing, MN.

As for the Tucker, since I come from a classic car family I was hoping to find a 60's era with pontoons. I think this time period would bridge my passion for tracked vehicles and vintage automobiles. The closest I've come to finding one is at MN Outdoor Sports Specialties, I spoke to a guy named Pete. I assume many people on this forum know Pete, he sounds nice and apparently has a huge tracked vehicle collection. I've been trying to get information about a late 60's Tucker, series 1300 he has for the past 5-6 months. I've only catch him on the phone twice and tried to get him to send me pics and information. He's only about 4 hours from me but my time is worth more than money so I can't justify running there and back if it's not even close to what I want. Does anyone know about this Tucker he has for sale? Does anyone know of another vintage Tucker near MN for sale?

Thanks, Philip

Attachments

• Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,024
  • Front left.JPG
    Front left.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 2,327

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Phillip, welcome to the FORUMS.

You may want to do a couple things. First, post another thread indicating you want to buy a Tucker. Having a "For Sale" and a "Want to Buy" thread combined may confuse people. Try 2 different threads, one for each.

Also, after both are posted, please let them sit a day or two, then come back and post a 'bump' to get them back on top. We are dealing with unusual toys and our members don't frequent the website every day so you may have to do reminder bumps for a while before you get a response.

funtracks

Good advice, lets keep this thread for selling my Playcat only, I will post a new thread for buying a Tucker right now. Thanks.

max 4 punker

This is the machine I have been looking for can you snap a few more pics for me I am very interested.I live up in Duluth so I am not that far away.If you want to talk give me a call Thanks Brad 218-590-2399. PS I just found htis site so I just joined myself cool site didn't know it existed.

undy

Hi Brad,
Welcome to the club. Sorry I didn't think to refer you to this forum when we talked the other day. I guess I assumed you already knew about it.
Good luck on your search.
Paul U

teamster

There's a 1960 Tucker on Ebay with no bid starting at $4600 that might fit your bill. I don't know how to attach to this site, sorry. Look under " Tucker Sno Cat " It'll come up.

funtracks

Teamster, you said there's a 1960 on eBay for $4600, I see a 1971 listed right now for that price. Was that a typo on your part or was the Tucker listed on eBay with the wrong year? I don't have the knowledge yet to look at one and know exactly what year it is.

funtracks

The 1971 Playcat is sold. I've tried to move any further Tucker discussions to my "WTB - Vintage Tucker Sno-Cat" thread. Thanks, Philip