• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SV-252 Bombardier Ski-Dozer

undy

SV252 Ski Dozer for sale. Includes 8' blade. Some spare parts. I believe it's a 1978 model.

Track belts replaced a few years ago with used conveyor belting. No rips nor patches. That's 888 new bolts, and you can guess how much work.

300 cid Ford. We did a fair bit of work on it (head gasket, rebuilt carb, adjusted valves, etc.), and it ran well when parked 2 years ago.

I used it a few times per year on my ski hill. I no longer use it, and rather than watch it sit here for the next 20 years, it's time to go.

Has not been run in 2 years. Needs a battery and fuel, and I expect it will fire up.

Asking $5000, or best offer. Cat is being sold as is.

I don't have any pictures online. If you want pics, please get me your phone number and I'll send them from my phone. Sorry, but technology has passed me by, and that's the best I know how to do.

I'm not on here every day, so if you really want to reach me, please call or text my cell phone - six oh eight, 333-8383. Thanks, Paul. (Please ignore the smart-ass greeting. It's not really the Vatican.)

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
SV-252 pictures . . .

Attachments

• 476A5A39-7B2E-454E-BBBE-4ED6A683E3F9.jpeg
    476A5A39-7B2E-454E-BBBE-4ED6A683E3F9.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 1,264
  • B5AC1794-424E-486C-AF5D-553F1F327E29.jpeg
    B5AC1794-424E-486C-AF5D-553F1F327E29.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 1,025

undy

Thanks Jim.

I forgot to mention that during the re-belting, all grousers and track guides were repaired or replaced. The track guides shown tilted are because the wheel above is tilting the grouser.

All wheel bearings were replaced at that time, and they've been kept greased.

Most of the tires are foam filled, and 2 were replaced and foamed.

It's neither perfect nor pretty, but it could be a great start for someone else's project, or just keep it as it is.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the thing sounds like most of my junk it aint pretty but it gets the job done with out fuss.

undy

I have gotten a down-payment towards this sale. So the cat is officially off the market. She's moving up to red squirrel land, hoping for a better life.
Thanks to everyone on this forum for the advice, info and enthusiasm over the years. If another snowcat comes my way, I may be back. Best wishes to all you cat-folk out there!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am in trouble with Customs Border and protection.

I accidentally rehomed a couple aliens or refugees according to them.

they were oppressed in their current homeland and were seeking asylum in new land.

So I rehomed a Ski DO Zer this weekend, and just as the seller posted.... Fresh Gas and a battery got the refugees all riled up and active....

Mice are funny creatures. they woke up, came to greet me, and then ceased to exist.

First impressions, this thing is a brute. Dozer belongs in the name.

By the way, the Vatican is a pretty cool place to buy a snow cat, Visiting with Bishop undy is a treat.

Thanks for the coupon!

Attachments

• mouse house flip.jpg
    mouse house flip.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 696

undy

Bless you, Redsquirrel. Since we no longer get much snow here at Vatican city (Yeah, what's with THAT, God?), it's a good thing that cat followed you home. You're right, she's an animal. You two will get along fine!!

I hope to be able to see you guys again at the Clowder, though it's a busy winter coming up I expect. Can't wait to ski with Bruce!

And Bobcatbob, around here we refer to a rebuild as a resurrection!

Undy

alryA

If Undy attends this years Clowder, then I'll be there for sure! Connor says he's going......

I hope to be able to see you guys again at the Clowder, though it's a busy winter coming up I expect. Can't wait to ski with Bruce!

And Bobcatbob, around here we refer to a rebuild as a resurrection!

Undy