• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

lojack

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my wife has always got lojack on he cars. I had her get it checked. a guy came out and did a scanner and located it . it failed. he said they had some bad batteries a few years back and suspected that was one of them.

why didn't they tell her? it sends a signal if rolling if the small key isn't in the car and it hasn't been in the car for a couple years. she removed it from the keychain. so it was her fault?

I suspect technology will put them out of business soon anyway.

jim

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I did not realize they were still around. I always figured that it kind of depended on the thief to make sure he kept his stolen car near a receiver in order for it to work given the fact that only 3 states have full coverage and 20 have none at all.

I think you are right that technology will pass them by.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm not up to date on all this stuff but doesn't onstar do about the same?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm not up to date on all this stuff but doesn't onstar do about the same?
I thought onstar was GM only.
I've never used lojack so I know nothing about how it works. ...I opened this thread thinking I would read about a lowboy type of trailer. :bonk: :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought onstar was GM only.
I've never used lojack so I know nothing about how it works. ...I opened this thread thinking I would read about a lowboy type of trailer. :bonk: :yum:

Yep, GM only. Each manufacturer has their own version now.

OnStar can send a signal to kill the engine if needed or put it into some form if limp mode so if your car is stolen, call them with the PIN code.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe they have an onstar type service for newer cars but I've never been offered that for my 2013 or 2014 toyotas.

Very poor service of lojack. They will put themselves out of business if they keep up that kind of service. Do you get a refund or anything back due to not being covered for that time period?